In 3D Discussion

claresauntie

I was just at update yesterday, and I really fell for these.
smiles.gif

MisStarrlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
These aren't the best pics, but here they are:

Shadebenders.JPG

There were two of them. They were released with the Hipnotique collection in Feb 2004. For more info check the Specktra Colour Stories.

The two Shadebenders were:

Sorcery -An ultra-soft, sheer yellow overlaid with red/gold pearl.
Iridescently - A sheer, light pink overlaid with blue/red pearl.

They could be worn on their own for a soft look, or layered over other lip products to transform the colour. They weren't really well received. A lot of them still linger at CCOs.

OMG a girl came in with an empty container of Iridescently the other day-not one of us at the counter could remember what the eff they were.

Anyways...I got to actually put these on the other day. They're not permanent (of course) but pretty killer. I'm thinking they're going to be loved dearly. No plumping effect (not the stinging type anyway)-it's more like the way the glitter reflects the light that makes your lips look extra yummy.

And the pencils...yay!!

Katura

LADIES!!! I have to share with you...coming out with this collection!!!

The 3D glass comes in some GORGEOUS colors! and they are coming out with lipglass pencils. Sheer creamy pencils (not like creme stick liners) that are to go with your glosses.

I loved them! (played with them at update) and you gals are gonna love them too!!!

Katura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
I thought 3-D was going to have something to do with highlighting and contouring the face. Does anyone else have any other information about what else is going to be released with this collection?

\

3D is all lips. the 3D glass and the lipglass pencils.

karinaf

im still confused about how it constitutes as 3D and what a lipglass pencil is... I guess I'll just have to wait and see it to believe it.

Katura

The glasses are duochrome, like some of the eyeshadows we carry, so it gives them more of a dramatic, outward appearance, youll love them when you try them on! they also don't seem as sticky as the reg. lip glasses...which is always a plus.

The lipglass pencils are maily for people who only stick to gloss, the sheer finish of them gives the definition ofliner, but not so opaque for that 'i lined my lips with sharpie and used a bit of snowgirl lg' look. Basically giving definition with out overpowering the lip.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katura
.........that 'i lined my lips with sharpie and used a bit of snowgirl lg' look. ....

Wha???? I love the look I get when I line my lips with a black eyeliner pencil and use snowgirl LG! Not. BTW....I have seen someone actually do that. Makes me kind of recoil in horror when I think about it.

Katura

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
Wha???? I love the look I get when I line my lips with a black eyeliner pencil and use snowgirl LG! Not. BTW....I have seen someone actually do that. Makes me kind of recoil in horror when I think about it.

LOL...I see Chestnut with snowgirl and c thru (not AS bad...but still) and oystergirl...it freaks me out.

I'm going to have a party when these come out so I can get these women to have the right look. hahaha

Jacq-i

yay!! Lipglass pencils sound fantastic! Somedays I don't feel like lipstick + lipglass, so this will be great for that.

AlliSwan

I cannot WAIT for these lipglass pencils! I thought Stila's would be decent, but they were all SO glittery. Do MAC's have shimmer or glitter?

lethaldesign

these sound really cool. lovin' the idea of the lipglass pencils too! i'm not a huge lipstick person &tend to just fill my lips in a with a sorta nude/pink cremestick liner instead before putting my glass on.

Suzyn

I can't wait, I heard someone talk about it after coming back from update and he was EXSTATIC about it. Said the colors were beautiful!

claresauntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlliSwan
I cannot WAIT for these lipglass pencils! I thought Stila's would be decent, but they were all SO glittery. Do MAC's have shimmer or glitter?

They are more of a subtle shimmer and almost a gel-like look when applied. Perfect for even light lipglasses.

I can't wait.

mezzamy

i think im going to use the lipglass pencils as a lipgloss substitute! should be a great product to carry around in your handbag without it leaking everywhere

kuuipo1207

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzyn
I can't wait, I heard someone talk about it after coming back from update and he was EXSTATIC about it. Said the colors were beautiful!

I'm assuming you're talking about the guy on youtube. I love his videos! He's so adorable! Anyways, yeah, he kinda briefly describes what the 3D is and just absolutely loves it. Here's the link to his video if you want to check it out. He also talks a little bit about the other collections that are coming out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3y3ijWQaEw

MACHOMULA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuuipo1207
I'm assuming you're talking about the guy on youtube. I love his videos! He's so adorable! Anyways, yeah, he kinda briefly describes what the 3D is and just absolutely loves it. Here's the link to his video if you want to check it out. He also talks a little bit about the other collections that are coming out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3y3ijWQaEw

Does anybody know him?? I hope he knows he could get in a lot of trouble. He seems so enthusiatic about his job! I'd hate for him to loose it!

His info was great BTW. I'm really pumped for these new lippies!

Twinkle_Twinkle

My lips are naturally lined (I have pigmented lips), so are the lip gloss pencils going to do much for me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katura
The glasses are duochrome, like some of the eyeshadows we carry, so it gives them more of a dramatic, outward appearance, youll love them when you try them on! they also don't seem as sticky as the reg. lip glasses...which is always a plus.

The lipglass pencils are maily for people who only stick to gloss, the sheer finish of them gives the definition ofliner, but not so opaque for that 'i lined my lips with sharpie and used a bit of snowgirl lg' look. Basically giving definition with out overpowering the lip.