in3D Backlit v. McQueen White Magic?

Randy Rose

Hey guys and girls . . .

So, those of you who have actually seen these collections, can anyone tell me how White Magic compares with Backlit? The descriptions are almost identical, but I'd hate to buy Backlit now, and find that White Magic is ALMOST the same, but just a bit better (and make me regret buying Backlit), or to wait for White Magic and find that it's not nearly as pretty as Backlit.

So . . . anyone who has seen both . . how do they stack up? Thanks!

claresauntie

I don't know about other artists who went to Update, but we weren't shown the McQueen stuff.
ssad.gif

however, we're only talking 14 bucks, right? if you like the 1st one, and the 2nd one is better, then you have 2 great products, right?
smiles.gif

Bernadette

I went to update on one of the last days so they had the McQueen stuff and I must say it's my favorite launch. However, if you are only going to get one or the other, go for the Backlit. The In 3D products are much more unique. The pearl in it is like nothing else that has come out for MAC. I think it's much prettier and not something that really matches up to anything else. If you find later that you love White Magic you can always go for that too but it's not nearly as special as Backlit.

erine1881

when i went to update they had all the mcqueen stuff except for the lipglasses. but the texture of the 3d is awesome. very soft and silky, so if you like the color, i would definately go with the 3d, if not both.

calbear

I don't know about other artists who went to Update, but we weren't shown the McQueen stuff.
ssad.gif

QUOTE]

None of the girls/guys from my region got to see the McQueen stuff either. ANd since we don't swatch and switch anymore, I have no idea what most of the actual colors look like in upcoming collections.