indian food

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosquared
i love love love indian food. i also cook a lot and it's frustrating me that whenever i want palak paneer i have to go somewhere to get it. every recipe i find on google has like 200 ingredients. and all of them are different. i don't mind finding all of the ingredients if i only KNEW it was gonna turn out yummy.

does anyone have any tried and true recipes?

You should try those ethnic grochery stores. Typically when I'm going to make a meal, be it thai, indian, chinese, japanese i'll go to one of the little local grochery stores that caters to that ethnicity.

Makes it pretty easy as you can find all the ingrediants at one stop usually. Instead of hoping the, "Mexican Isle" at the local Albertsons has the right spices you need for that recipie.

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliraksha
Admittedly for me the spices part can be annoying- what I like to do until I figure out what dish works for me is go to Central Market or Wholes Food into the tea/spices area and buy just tiny spoonfuls of each – each spice comes out for like .06 - .10 cents a serving for the dish and I get to figured out what I like and they have everything.

You can also get cute little spice racks that are empty, and have little bottles at places like Crate and Barrel, or whatever. This way instead of having a bunch of bags lying around in your cubbard, you have a cute little "ethnic" spice rack.

Raerae

Yeh Ikea is a great place for stuff like that.
smiles.gif