Inspiration - Bosworth in Superman - 1st FOTD Photo Heavy

showpuli

Hi!

This is my first FOTD I'm putting here. I thought about it after reading an article in Make Up Artist magazine last night. I've scanned the article and if you go to the direct link you can read it:

http://img.makeupalley.com/2/0/1/9/519551.jpeg

bosworth1.jpg

I will also paste it into here. It is an article by Nikki Gooley who dod the make up for Superman. She talks about what products and methods she used to get Kate's Lois Lane look. I thought it was pretty cool and I woke this morning in the mood to do something similar. Where I veered from the original is that Nikki said the DOP of Superman did not want any shine - not even lip gloss! So she used everythin matte, even the lip stuff. I don't have anything matte (now added to my WL!) so I did a modified version with MSF in Shimpagne (I should have used something velvet instead of frost but hey, maybe tomorrow I'll try again) and for the line I used New Weed Fluidline. But I focused on keepin the face natural, the lips subtle and the eyes done in the shape like Kate's.

I think the simplicity of it inspired me. The focus was on being plain. I'm always doing these wild color combos so this was nice. I'd love to go all the way with it and do it matte. We'll see. Anyway I hope you get to read the article as it is great. She also writes what she used on Superman!

Enjoy and have a brilliant weekend!

FOTD728b-1.jpg

EOTD728b.jpg

I used Tarte Lights Camera Lashes Mascara here. It is my "in a hurry" mascara.
eye.jpg

For foundation I used LM new oil free TM and Mac Studio Fix applied with a powder brush in NW15. On cheeks I put a light layer of Nars Cactus Flower under the Studio Fix.

FOTD728b.jpg

On lips I used Mac lip stain in Rose de Sheer and Vincent Longo Lip Stain Lipstick in Genasei.

Of course I look NOTHINg like the georgous Kate...She is amazing. Here is a close up of the pic in the magazine:

519543.jpeg

showpuli

Thank you! I was feeling loney here
winks.gif

I know it isn't anything specktacular, I'll have to do something a bit more interesting next time.

I'm waiting to see what the Aug challenge is!

Take care!

ilona