Interview with Lancome information

ncsugrl09

Hey guys! So I have an interview with Lancome for a beauty advisor and was just wondering if anyone has ever interviewed with them before and has any advice/tips.

I was looking for a counter advisor position at just about any counter and happened to get a call from Lancome which of course I know the least about. I'm really quick with learning new lines though so I'm not worried about that...I was planning on researching the products though which I've already done a little bit of, I'm just a little nervous not having had any extensive experience w/Lancome products.

Also, does anyone know the qualifications for beauty advisors? I haven't had any formal training in makeup or cosmetology, just a bachelor's degree in sociology and a love for makeup lol...
smiles.gif
but since they contacted me I'm assuming formal makeup experience isn't necessary but it still makes me a little nervous.

Any tips are welcome even from those not working at Lancome but maybe something similar.

whispercalm

I've been a BA with Lancome since July and it is great company. As far as interview, just be enthusiastic and passionate about wanting to serve your clients and promote the product. They want you to be customer oriented. Give examples of ways to upsell and suggest additional products. It's all about customer service and pushing numbers. I didn't know anything about Lancome when I got hired, but I did get on the internet researched a bit. They liked the fact that I was trying to find out all I could.

ncsugrl09

Awesome, thanks! I'm glad you like the company because I wasn't terribly familiar with the product line either (though I'm quick w/learning new cosmetics of course!) I had the interview Friday, and I find out next Friday!
smiles.gif