Is a funky smelling gloss still safe to use?

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
Ugh...MAC_Whore is right about certain products, I had this problem with Raquel. But, I also wonder if it's really gone bad or if it's just the ingredients......

I wonder too. I bought a Raquel and it smelled off so I exchanged it. The next one was like that too.

Azia, another stellar avatar, btw.
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
.... the smell makes me nauseous to say the least....I guess my lips are far to close to my nose
th_LMAO.gif

No kidding. There is no escaping that smell of bad gloss. Bleeaaahhh!

erine1881

another one that was like that was fashion pack.
ssad.gif
i couldn't even use it more than once. it went bye bye right along with 2N.
cry.gif

GlamQueen21

I feel sorry for the people who had lipglosses that have that horrible smell. I had to smell all of my lipglosses to see if they don't have that awful smell so that I can still use them.

chickatthegym

I have had this problem with a lot of lipglasses and plushglasses I bought from the CCO
ssad.gif
But I don't think mine were as far gone as your 2N... the smell wasn't really "rancid" but just a little weird. It hasn't bothered me to the point where I will B2M them yet (knock on wood!)

Does anyone know if there's a time limit on how long certain l/s and l/g stay at the CCO? Sometimes it seems like they have them from like 06! I guess as long as they haven't been opened before for air to get in them they are ok?

Sorry that happened to you- hopefully MAC will realize this is a problem with certain formulas and improve it so it doesn't happen in the future
smiles.gif

User49

I'd take it back for a refund and say how disappointed you were. Depending on the product this symbol will tell you how many months it should last:
IMG_2672.jpg

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Diva
What about slimshines? My tropic glow smells so bad i refuse to use it and its fairly new!

The slimshines over all seem to have a weird smell. I don't believe its because they are bad though. I just believe that an ingredient in them has a stronger scent. Someone can chime in on this, but I know my slimshines smell quite strong from the day I open them. You should be fine with these, I think its just the way they are made
smiles.gif

User49

Lifes too short to wear bad smelling lip goo! I'm sticking to the vanilla scented stuff! x

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
The slimshines over all seem to have a weird smell. I don't believe its because they are bad though. I just believe that an ingredient in them has a stronger scent. Someone can chime in on this, but I know my slimshines smell quite strong from the day I open them. You should be fine with these, I think its just the way they are made
smiles.gif

I agree. I'm very sensitive to smell and I don't really like the Slimshines for this reason, but I don't think there's anything wrong with the ones I've had....or that they'd bother 99% of the population!