Is a MAC obsession supposed to be that uncontrollable?

whiteflorals

Newbie to the forum and MAC, but geesh it's so tempting to start hoarding stuff on board! And I thought I had a moderate level of self-control when it comes to makeup... :eek2:

Juneplum

lol.gif
nope... hoard away! there's no self control when it comes to MAC
graucho.gif
(tho you will get over it soon enough
smiles.gif
)

charismaticlime

I have to admit, I bought more MAC items ever since I joined Specktra, but I know when enough is enough. I never buy backups of LE collections, because I know there'll be something better once I finish it (which takes forever). And out of all the collections that have been out this year, I've managed to buy only two items from Barbie Loves MAC and two from Slimshines. So as much as I love MAC, I don't think it's uncontrollable.

coachkitten

I used to be obsessed about getting everything from every collection just to have it all. I do still get most eye shadows but only buy colors I will wear for everything else.
Sometimes on here it is hard because some people go so overboard (me included at times) that it starts to get me crazy like I have to collect anything and everything MAC.
After a while of being on here you will learn what a good level to buy is for you. I have slowed down a lot.
There is no way that I am ever going to get through all the makeup I have now but I still want MORE!!!
smiles.gif
Okay maybe the obsession never goes away!!!

thelove4tequila

Yeah I liked MAC before I found Specktra. But since I was able to find this place, it has become an obession. I definantly found myself less incontrol once I joined. It's actually alot better now though. I don't buy EVERYTHING from EVERY collection now. I didn't get anything from Strange Hybrid...yet. haha. Actually only planning on getting one piggie from SH.

melliquor

My obsession started a few months ago. I have been buying Mac for ages but never got into the LE stuff and didn't even know about it. Now that I have joined Specktra, it has become an obsession. I didn't buy everything from SH. I got 4 shadows, 2 lipglasses, 2 lipsticks, & both blushes. This was my first every collection. I didn't want to make the same mistake I did with Barbie. I was there on the day and only bought Springtime Skipper. I am now trying to find all of the barbie range on Ebay and spending twice the amount than if i bought at the store. You can't help yourself with Mac because everything is so beautiful. I am in some control though... i only buy what I know i will like.