is stereo rose really worth the e-bay prices?

cloverette

hi,

i've never tested stereo rose before, but have this feeling that i really need it. so first question: do it?
secondly, people are very picky when listing it as a swap item (they mostly want LE items etc.). so: is it worth the ca. $50 e-bay is asking for a BNIB?
i have petticoat, but it's not even similar to stereo rose, right?

tia!

panties

this is why i posted up swatches on the specktra gallery:

http://specktra.net/forum/gallery/sh...hp?i=2854&c=36 (natural lighting)
http://specktra.net/forum/gallery/sh...hp?i=2853&c=36 (with flash)

it's not similar to petticoat at all...petticoat is more of a light pink with a slight flush, whereas stereo rose is more of a rose colored blush. i use stereo rose almost everyday and i'm about a NC30.

http://specktra.net/forum/gallery/sh...hp?i=2834&c=36 and my swatches of the older skinfinishes.

granted they are just swatches, you can blend them with the 187 so they won't be as pigmented as it shows on my arm.

KJam

I love stereo rose, although I find myself reaching for my petticoat more (I'm a NC15 for reference). They're both pink, but stereo rose has a little more of an apricot tint, and less of a sparkly sheen. Whether it is worth those prices is a relative thing - it'll only go up in price in the future, so you'll have to soon make your own decision!

cloverette

oh, so stereo rose is not as shimmery as petticoat? hm, the shimmer is exactly what i love about petticoat!
i'm a C3- but that doesn't help me with my decision, lol!
damn, i just can't decide
ssad.gif

panties

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloverette
oh, so stereo rose is not as shimmery as petticoat? hm, the shimmer is exactly what i love about petticoat!
i'm a C3- but that doesn't help me with my decision, lol!
damn, i just can't decide
ssad.gif

petticoat has a chunkier glitter, whereas stereo rose's glitter is more finely milled. i'd pay the $50 for stereo rose if i didn't have it already.

libra14

I am NW20 and Stereo Rose turns warm on me. A little too warm actually. If I hadn't dropped and smashed it I would have sold mine. I put it in a sifter container and actually use it more now, as a contour blush. Go figure. As someone else said, It's all relative to what you are willing to pay for it and whether it works for you.

Shawna

I'm an NW20 as well and stereo rose was a big no for me. It made me look like a kid who got into their mother's makeup no matter how lightly I applied it. Petticoat is gorgeous on me though. It is the perfect rose/gold flush. It depends on your colouring, but I'd check the for sale or swap lists here because stereo rose does come up quite a bit.

cloverette

yeah, i check here every once in a while- like today, but there's hardly anything.
hm, makes me wonder if i really need it then; i don't want to pay ca. $50 to realize it doesn't suit me. as i stated before, i'm a C3, but in the summer i'm NW35 (i know, that doesn't make sense), which is not too far from NW20, so maybe it wouldn't suit me then...!?

bellaetoile

NC42 and stereo rose is blush on me. i LOVE it though, it makes my skin absolutely glow. i would say its worth the extra money because that and gol deposit are my two favorite MSFs and i use them almost daily. uhm..yay for back-ups?

Bootyliciousx

same situation wiht me. I want to get stereo rose, but I am not paying 50 dollars for it. Just watch some bids and find a reasonable price on ebay. Try to bid at the last seconds

LadyLaundale

Rumor MSF's maybe made permanent

One of the girls on my Yahoo CCo Board posted that she spoke with a MAC rep at a Pro Store (probably shouldn't name which one). She told her MAC is seriously considering making the MSF's permanent. That they know a good seller when they see one, and it may be soon. Again, this is speculation, but let's keep our finger's crossed that the ones dropping this summer will be permanent!

cloverette

well, i placed a bid on one (with maximum bid- which was MUCH higher than the last bidder's bid). anyway, i woke up this morning, to see if i won... no i didn't
ssad.gif

another bidder tried a few times until she outbid me, only to be outbid by another person. it sucks!
ssad.gif
ssad.gif
ssad.gif

i've been trying to win quite a few things on e-bay but never have! my bids aren't low, but some people always manage to outbid me by like $3!!! however, even if i had been there the last few minutes, i'm not sure if i would've gone any higher, cause when i set myself limits, i tend to stick with them. this is sooo frustrating
ssad.gif
ssad.gif
ssad.gif

you girls & my not being able to get it on e-bay is making me want stereo rose even more
ssad.gif

i'm going back to bed
ssad.gif

Bootyliciousx

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloverette
well, i placed a bid on one (with maximum bid- which was MUCH higher than the last bidder's bid). anyway, i woke up this morning, to see if i won... no i didn't
ssad.gif

another bidder tried a few times until she outbid me, only to be outbid by another person. it sucks!
ssad.gif
ssad.gif
ssad.gif

i've been trying to win quite a few things on e-bay but never have! my bids aren't low, but some people always manage to outbid me by like $3!!! however, even if i had been there the last few minutes, i'm not sure if i would've gone any higher, cause when i set myself limits, i tend to stick with them. this is sooo frustrating
ssad.gif
ssad.gif
ssad.gif

you girls & my not being able to get it on e-bay is making me want stereo rose even more
ssad.gif

i'm going back to bed
ssad.gif

try this

www.auctionsniper.com

the first three bids are free so u dont have to pay for using it. It bids in the last 5 seconds

cloverette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootyliciousx
try this

www.auctionsniper.com

the first three bids are free so u dont have to pay for using it. It bids in the last 5 seconds

bootyliciousx, you're a star! that explains everything! i didn't know something like that existed! thank you so much!!!

bebs

damn I used to have stereo rose, I'm a N4 and it was wayy to dark for my skin tone, I returned... now wish I had keeped it ... damn oh well you live and learn

ladybugz07

Stereo Rose is my absolute favorite MSF (I even got a backup, my 1st MAC backup!). It is more of a corally rose, where Petticoat is more of a plummy rose. I definitely prefer it to Petticoat though, it just gives me more color...
smiles.gif

I hope you find it! I just bought my backup for $30, so be patient. Check the clearance bin here, the LJ MAC communities and even MUA (some will sell for reasonable prices)...
greengrin.gif

Brianne

I looooooove Stereo Rose.
Someone posted about the "Gone But Not Forgotten" program that EL has, and they used it to locate a Shimpagne MSF - maybe try for this one?

cloverette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianne
I looooooove Stereo Rose.
Someone posted about the "Gone But Not Forgotten" program that EL has, and they used it to locate a Shimpagne MSF - maybe try for this one?

haha, yeah, i wrote MAC yesterday asking them to help me search for it. so, i hope to get some good news in a few weeks.

wow, $30 for stereo rose! lucky woman!!!

*luvmash*

Hi gals,
I'm using LM creme silk foundation in shade cashew beige and im 18.
Do u think stereo rose would suit me? I found one on MUA and was wondering should/shouldn't i go for it. Thanks in advance.

Latest posts