Is there such thing as too much?

Macnarsandlove

I had a huge epiphany last night. I have too much makeup. I have 20 bronze/neutral/brown shadows and the same colors in glosses. Also due to my work schedule when I'm feeling lazy I use the same browns and golds if I wear makeup at all. That bothers me the most. Looking at my untouched ruby woo and entrmauve pig is depressing. I have many untouched items that I haven't got around to using cause I cant wear makeup at work (I have to be there by 5:30am and no "unnatural shades" are allowed). I just want to know if anybody has any recs for how they wear their whole collections instead of reaching for the same bronze (in my case) every time. Thanks

Beauty Mark

I usually make a goal to try a different combination of colors when I notice I have untouched makeup. You don't work on the weekends, right? Use that time to wear something different each day. Not knowing your work environment, if you have some deep plums or dark blues, you probably can get away with some subtly on your eyes. Lip colors, I think you get a little more leeway, as long as it isn't blue.

Hawkeye

that's why i sold all of my makeup to the lovely ladies here
greengrin.gif

Janice

Yes, there is a such thing I would think. I felt similarly starting about a year ago and haven't been bothered or worried about purchasing anything other than staples (mascara) since.
smiles.gif
Even managed to let go of LE items that were just sitting pretty in the organizers on the vanity.

medusalox

I always look at everything I have, and if I find myself saying to a random eyeshadow or pigment "Gee, I never use you!", I'll make an effort to incorporate it into the next look I do. It's kind of a nice challenge. And if I really don't like it after using it a few times, I'll sell that sucker to someone who WILL love it.
smiles.gif