Is this 136 brush fake?

mixtapevanity

I bought this on eBay off a seller named rubette07. It came in a clear plastic sleeve with a barcode. I thought it was real at first although I don't have one to compare, but I'm alarmed now because I realized that the crimping on the ferrule looks kind of weird compared to my other brush, the 242. The handle also has kind of a pearly finish unlike the matte black handle on my 242. Can anyone compare this to their brush and tell me if it's real?

IMG_1515.jpg
IMG_1518.jpg
IMG_1519.jpg
IMG_1520.jpg
IMG_1524.jpg
IMG_1525.jpg
IMG_1526.jpg
IMG_1523.jpg

Nomi Abebe

This brush is authentic. Please look at the ferrull (chrome part), if it was not authentic it would have deeper groves from crimping. Also the hair profile looks perfect.

Tabitha

My 136 brush looks exactly like that and I compared mine to one that a Mac MUA had. However, as for crimping some authentic Mac brushes do have a more pronounced crimp on the ferrule.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomi Abebe
This brush is authentic. Please look at the ferrull (chrome part), if it was not authentic it would have deeper groves from crimping. Also the hair profile looks perfect.

Agreed! The ferrule doesnt show the much deeper crimping associated with fakes, and the print, handle and brush itself also look fine. This one is real
smiles.gif

panda0410

This looks like an SE from the Formal Black collection. Need to see better pics I think though to tell for sure - there are fake SEs as well unfortunately.