It is a Fake!

sadecki

I received a MAC e/s in a swap ( I know, I know).

Everything on the case seems fine - hinge, clasp, lettering, raised lettering on back. The thing I noticed that was odd was the pan when I depotted. Instead of a flat back pan, it had the circular imprint in the middle (like E.L.F. pans).

Thoughts? I can provide pics.

Xqueeze_me

Re: I think I have a Fake!

Pics please!

By the way, if you need a closer comparison of eyeshadow packaging, click on "Eyeshadow PACKAGING comparison" in my signature.

The fakes are good nowadays that you wouldn't know until you physically see it! :/

sadecki

This is what I mean by back of pan once I depotted:

Picture of box and casing:

sadecki

Blah! After clicking xsqueeze_me link, it is looking like a fake! Boo!!!

So what should I do...I received it on a swap at MUA.

Xqueeze_me

I know what you meant in your first post re the back of the pan with the indented ring. That is indeed a fake.

The box is one of the counterfeit trait, easily scratched. Also the eyeshadow packaging is almost similar to the authentic MAC eyeshadow packaging. So if you have an authentic MAC eyeshadow to compare the packaging to, then you'll see the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadecki
This is what I mean by back of pan once I depotted:

Picture of box and casing:

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadecki
Blah! After clicking xsqueeze_me link, it is looking like a fake! Boo!!!

So what should I do...I received it on a swap at MUA.

I guess its best to contact the swapper and tell her the bad news. Its either she genuinely doesn't know or she swaps it away to unsuspecting receiver to get rid of it/swap it for something authentic...

halocaustic

I'm not swapping/buying e/s or pigments on MUA or Specktra anymore because of this. There are loads of people unknowingly swapping or selling fakes BUT the problem seems to be that if you tell some of them they're fake, they insist it came straight from the store to try to save face. That's why I thought it's better not to bother.

You can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink
ssad.gif

sadecki

I decided to further investigate - just out of curiosity - using the guidelines that have been generously provided by other posters.

Name is printed on two different colored black paper.

After depot, Satellite had indented pan and was missing number from top of plastic.

Font color and type different than other two.

I dont know how well you can see it in the pics, but the golden vs. silver sheen is visible here, along with the circles inside looking different.

Thanks for all the tips! I would really never have picked up the differences besides noticing the back of the pan.