Japanese brushes - Chikuhodo, Koyudo, Hakuhodo, Suqqu, etc

VAL4M

View attachment 58522
View attachment 58521
View attachment 58523

My Chikahodo brushes arrived. :cloud9: I am already in love!:heart:
Super quick shipping from cdjapan! I have to say these were packaged very well to prevent damage!
I purchased the Takumi T-4, T-6, T-7, & T-8.
Yes, they have short handles but I like how they feel in the hand.
They are indeed super soft, definitely the softest of all my brushes.

Now i'm blaming you! LOL I just received my Takumi T-5 and GSN -10 (eyeshadow brush) really great brushes I will wait before ordering more but I know already that I want 5 GSN-10! ... is it too much. and no it is not a question. ;P

fur4elise

Now i'm blaming you! LOL I just received my Takumi T-5 and GSN -10 (eyeshadow brush) really great brushes I will wait before ordering more but I know already that I want 5 GSN-10! ... is it too much. and no it is not a question. ;P

LOL! Sorry...not really ;) ~ I had no intention of overhauling my brush collection...but the whole Marie Kondo thing took a hold. I would rather have quality over the quantity. These brushes do feel special when I hold them and use them...:heart: Is the T-5 the Highlight brush? I love the shape of it. I currently have a Sonia Kushak in that shape and it is a pretty good brush, so I am trying to be good and keep using the one I have.

VAL4M

LOL! Sorry...not really ;) ~ I had no intention of overhauling my brush collection...but the whole Marie Kondo thing took a hold. I would rather have quality over the quantity. These brushes do feel special when I hold them and use them...:heart: Is the T-5 the Highlight brush? I love the shape of it. I currently have a Sonia Kushak in that shape and it is a pretty good brush, so I am trying to be good and keep using the one I have.
Highlight, contour and bronzer too, really multi task brush. Just a tittle bigger than the Wayne Goss 02 brush but more stiff (which i LIKE) so it is good for precise placement but soft enough to diffuse and have a light bronzer effect. (i'm not big on bronzer so that cover all my needs)

fur4elise

Highlight, contour and bronzer too, really multi task brush. Just a tittle bigger than the Wayne Goss 02 brush but more stiff (which i LIKE) so it is good for precise placement but soft enough to diffuse and have a light bronzer effect. (i'm not big on bronzer so that cover all my needs)

Nice! It sounds like a must have kind of brush! ;)

boschicka

Yes yes! Japanese brushes are new to me too! I am amazed at how quickly, in comparison to this one little set I bought, I was able to pick out sub par brushes that were in my collection...scratchy, stiff, not dense enough, poor construction, etc. I removed well over 45! You know how it goes, you buy to try...and then things get tossed aside for what ever reason.

I used Sweet Makeup Temptation's Brush Temple to read descriptions and reviews. It took me quite a bit of time, but I think she is super informative. I learned a lot!

Speaking of Hakuhodo J brushes, J4004 ~ I just saw this at the top of the Brush Temple

View attachment 59032
I have been wanting and looking for exactly this type of highlighter brush! We were chatting about it over in the HAA thread...lol

So now I have to save more pennies, because I do want to add a few more brushes and they ain't cheap!

Hey lady, if you don't want to spend the money on the Hakuhodo brush and shipping, I will gladly send you one of my Wayne Goss fan brushes if you think it will do the same thing for you. I have the brown one from a set. It's never been touched and just sat in the canister the set came in. And I just ordered the new white set, so I'll have a second one...I'm assuming I won't touch. So let me know if you would like it and it's yours! (eta: free of course!)

fur4elise

Hey lady, if you don't want to spend the money on the Hakuhodo brush and shipping, I will gladly send you one of my Wayne Goss fan brushes if you think it will do the same thing for you. I have the brown one from a set. It's never been touched and just sat in the canister the set came in. And I just ordered the new white set, so I'll have a second one...I'm assuming I won't touch. So let me know if you would like it and it's yours! (eta: free of course!)

You are too sweet! Thank you for thinking of me! I sent you a PM. x0x0x0x

fur4elise

​in to chase away dust bunnies :D ~ Visage had a Chikuhodo discount that ended on the 12th. Rather than go in $250 on the full WG Face set, I ordered the T-1 Powder brush that has been on my wishlist. :) It just shipped. I will post when I get it :thumbsup:
Chikuhodo-Takumi-Brushes-2000-1200x743.jpg

fur4elise

I have the T-1 you'll love it!

:heart: I do love it! ;)

Chikuhodo_T1.jpg

:heart: Love love love! ~ If I could, I'd just stand in front of the mirror all morning long, running this over my face! It is just that pleasurable! It is the softest brush in my collection and perfect for finishing.

The T-1 in these images appears as it was after being gently washed it and put into a brush guard to hold shape. However, it fluffs out bigger than any of my synthetics!

Chikuhodo_T1_Comparison.jpg
Comparison with my favorite synthetic powder brushes. ~
The bristles of the synthetic, although soft, are much more firm/dense, so I see reaching for them when I am blending in powder products (blush, bronzer, etc.)

Chikuhodo_TSeries_Brushes.jpg
My Takumi Set ~ I see possibly getting one more, the T-2 Angle to complete it.

Chikuhodo_WG_Eye_Brushes.jpg
Chikuhodo_WG_Eye_Brushe_Tips.jpg

My Wayne Goss Eye Set aligned with my Takumi Eye brushes. ~
I feel like I have a complete set and that they compliment each other!
They are of equal quality! Super soft and the perfect size for my eye shape and size.
I feel my pennies have been more than well spent as I use these on the daily!
I do gently wash them as needed and use brush guards to hold shape while drying.

For me, all of these brushes elevate the process and experience of applying makeup...which is how beauty should feel. :)

Last edited:

fur4elise

I had success with my first purchase from Visage and got my brush in about 2 weeks time, as it was shipped directly from Japan.
Visage is having a 4th of July sale thru July 9th on Chikuhodo. Here are the codes:

Complimentary shipping on a CHIKUHODO purchase of $45 or more
15% off a CHIKUHODO purchase of $100 or more ( Code: JULY152017)
18% off a CHIKUHODO purchase of $160 or more ( Code: JULY182017)
20% off a CHIKUHODO purchase of $200 or more ( Code: JULY202017)
25% off a CHIKUHODO purchase of $260 or more ( Code: JULY252017)

visageusa.com

JerseyGirl

Has anyone ordered from CDJapan? I ordered some brushes from them and it seems my tracking has stalled. I’m getting nervous about what to do next - how long to wait. I think the package is at customs but I’m not sure how to tell.

fur4elise

Has anyone ordered from CDJapan? I ordered some brushes from them and it seems my tracking has stalled. I’m getting nervous about what to do next - how long to wait. I think the package is at customs but I’m not sure how to tell.

I have ordered from CDJapan a couple times and have had no issues. Sometimes things get stuck in customs and/or do not get updated in the system. Both of my orders came well under the stated delivery date/window. Just keep an eye on it and be patient. If your order does not come through by the stated delivery date, I suggest you contact CDJapan and let them know to get the situation resolved.

JerseyGirl

I have ordered from CDJapan a couple times and have had no issues. Sometimes things get stuck in customs and/or do not get updated in the system. Both of my orders came well under the stated delivery date/window. Just keep an eye on it and be patient. If your order does not come through by the stated delivery date, I suggest you contact CDJapan and let them know to get the situation resolved.

My order was shipped out on the 13th, and it hasn’t updated since. I feel it may not have been processed by customs but I have no idea which airport it went to, the tracking just says it left Japan, nothing after. Do you remember which shipping method you used? Between weekends, the MLK holiday, snow and gov’t shutdown I’m wondering if that didn’t slow everything down.

fur4elise

My order was shipped out on the 13th, and it hasn’t updated since. I feel it may not have been processed by customs but I have no idea which airport it went to, the tracking just says it left Japan, nothing after. Do you remember which shipping method you used? Between weekends, the MLK holiday, snow and gov’t shutdown I’m wondering if that didn’t slow everything down.

December or January 13th? Did they give you an estimated date for delivery? If it was December 13th and past your delivery date, you need to email them.

JerseyGirl

January 13th. They didn’t say estimated delivery date. Just how long “usually” takes. I used EMS, supposed to be tracked and their “speediest” delivery.

DMcG9

January 13th. They didn’t say estimated delivery date. Just how long “usually” takes. I used EMS, supposed to be tracked and their “speediest” delivery.

I've ordered from CDJapan a couple times before as well and it can take a while. I remember waiting something like 6 weeks the second time but I think that was because one of the brushes I bought literally was made to order.

JerseyGirl

I've ordered from CDJapan a couple times before as well and it can take a while. I remember waiting something like 6 weeks the second time but I think that was because one of the brushes I bought literally was made to order.

Thanks, it’s the first time I’ve used them. I guess I’m just not sure what to expect and want to be sure nothing has gone wrong. These brushes were in stock and they shipped them right away. Maybe I’ll try to email them tomorrow if the shipping doesn’t update.

fur4elise

I know it can be nerve wracking making international orders...Thinking back to my orders, they both came within 10 days of placing the order. But I also remember, I only ordered in stock items, nothing that would be made on order/custom. Keep us posted on the timeline. Fingers crossed your order will arrive soon!

JerseyGirl

Well, still no update on tracking for my brushes, so I have emailed CDJapan and I’m waiting for a reply. Fingers crossed my package isn’t lost somewhere.

JerseyGirl

So an update for the curious...

CDJapan replied pretty quickly about my order - it seems there has been a delay in packages getting scanned into the tracking system while at customs for a few weeks. They say it has been due to extreme cold. They gave me a few examples of orders that were not tracked for 12-15 days once they left Japan. So that’s right about the time frame for my package so hopefully it’ll show up in the tracking very soon. Especially since the weather has warmed up here, hopefully any backlog will be resolved.

Latest posts