Japanese brushes - Chikuhodo, Koyudo, Hakuhodo, Suqqu, etc

karlaedith

I received an email from cdjapan that they are having a sale of 15 and 20 %off on select coyudo brushes, and i want to buy the fupa 14 to use with my powder foundation but the white kinoko mushroom is 20%off... Dont know which one to get, im looking for a very soft but dense brush for medium coverage, the offer ends on 3 days..please help

Odelia

I received an email from cdjapan that they are having a sale of 15 and 20 %off on select coyudo brushes, and i want to buy the fupa 14 to use with my powder foundation but the white kinoko mushroom is 20%off... Dont know which one to get, im looking for a very soft but dense brush for medium coverage, the offer ends on 3 days..please help
I didn't receive an email from them :( I can't tell by looking at the site but did the sale end? Darn I bet I missed it. I have been eyeing the Fupa 14 for a while now :love:

karlaedith

It
I didn't receive an email from them :( I can't tell by looking at the site but did the sale end? Darn I bet I missed it. I have been eyeing the Fupa 14 for a while now :love:
it already ended yesterday, the fupa14 white was on sale but i decided not to purchase it because i want it with the black handle and that one was at regular price :(

Odelia

It
it already ended yesterday, the fupa14 white was on sale but i decided not to purchase it because i want it with the black handle and that one was at regular price :(
Darn! Too bad the black wasn't on sale. Well, at least I don't feel so bad about missing the sale now, hehe :)

karlaedith

I just placed an order on cdjapan for the koyudo fupa14 but they sent me an email saying that the site was unable to obtain an autorization from the issuer of the card, i used a visa gift card has anyone had the same problem?

nihonichiban

There is a nice article with lots of pictures and videos about the history and making of Japanese makeup brushes on this blog:
http://nihon-ichiban.com/2015/02/04/japanese-makeup-brushes/

They feature MIZUHO - another brand for hand-made Japanese brushes from Kumano area.

karlaedith

T
I ordered a couple new Chikuhodos from now-eproject recently, and they came in a couple days ago! Terrible picture, but there you have it. The one on the left is the R-P6 powder brush, and the smaller one is the R-C2 cheek brush. Both are grey squirrel, and pretty dense so they're a lot firmer than, say, the Koyudo red squirrel brush. It's my first experience with Chikuhodo grey squirrel and I'm already in love. I imagine they're similar to the hairs in the Z series, but the price tag isn't quite so high.
those brushes looks sooo pretty! Size wise how would you compare the r-p6 to other brushes like the mac 150? I have this one and its a little scratchy but i like its shape and that its dense

niccig

those brushes looks sooo pretty! Size wise how would you compare the r-p6 to other brushes like the mac 150? I have this one and its a little scratchy but i like its shape and that its dense
Unfortunately I've never used the mac 150 so I'm not sure how it compares in size :-/ The r-p6 bristles are 52mm long and at the ferrule foot it's 24mm x 18mm. I have some comparison pictures of it (with the tarte foundation brush, chikuhodo passion powder brush and hakuhodo j104) here. It's fairly dense but since the bristles are so long it's pretty flexible - probably a lot more than the 150 is (based on pictures). It's incredibly soft so it works best with finishing powders.

shellygrrl

Staff member
Yeah, based on pics, MAC's 150 is nothing like the R-P6. Seems like the 150 has shorter bristles, for one thing.

Jaymuhlee

Just curious what shipping method you all have used when purchasing from CDJapan? I'm trying to decide and FedEx is the only service I've ever heard of from the options offered. I usually go for the cheapest option but this isn't the place to skimp!

niccig

I've used fedex from cdjapan and it was pretty quick, under a week I think. I've also used Japan EMS too for other things and it was also really fast (and cheaper).

karlaedith

I made an order for the fupa14 on the 17th of this month, was shipped the 25 and iused EMS, i live in the US, i think i will get it in 2 or 3 more days

Jaymuhlee

I just placed my first order! Ten Koyudo brushes plus this little guy because I couldn't help myself...

Chuchie

Okay, I just recently got introduced to the world of Japanese brushes and I dove right in.

I now have an army of Chikuhodo, Koyudo, and Hakuhodo brushes.

My FAVORITE from all three are:
Chikuhodo: MK-2, Takumi T-4 and T-6
Koyudo: White mushroom, bp013, bp018, fu-pa 14
Hakuhodo: J5522 and J5523

I also bought the red squirrel set from CDJapan and let me tell you, the blush brush it comes with is like air. It. Is. So. SOFT. I. JUST. CANNOT. UGH.

I have a lot more than those and more on the way but these are the ones that I'm just like AMG. And there's a few I bought because everyone seems to love but my first impressions weren't all that great. I felt a bit underwelmed. However, I haven't given these a shot but I'm sure after I use them, I'll really like them. Those that I'm talking about is the Koyudo canadian squirrel blush brush, the Koyudo fu-pa 07, and the Kashoen washing/cleansing brush.

But all in all... These blow my previous brushes out of the water. But I must say prior to these, I was strictly using Sigma + one or two Sonia Kashuk brushes. The only MAC brushes I had were the 217 and 239 which I still love~

karlaedith

Okay, I just recently got introduced to the world of Japanese brushes and I dove right in.  I now have an army of Chikuhodo, Koyudo, and Hakuhodo brushes. My FAVORITE from all three are: Chikuhodo:  MK-2, Takumi T-4 and T-6 Koyudo: White mushroom, bp013, bp018, fu-pa 14 Hakuhodo: J5522 and J5523 I also bought the red squirrel set from CDJapan and let me tell you, the blush brush it comes with is like air. It. Is. So. SOFT. I. JUST. CANNOT. UGH. I have a lot more than those and more on the way but these are the ones that I'm just like AMG. And there's a few I bought because everyone seems to love but my first impressions weren't all that great. I felt a bit underwelmed. However, I haven't given these a shot but I'm sure after I use them, I'll really like them. Those that I'm talking about is the Koyudo canadian squirrel blush brush, the Koyudo fu-pa 07, and the Kashoen washing/cleansing brush. But all in all... These blow my previous brushes out of the water. But I must say prior to these, I was strictly using Sigma + one or two Sonia Kashuk brushes. The only MAC brushes I had were the 217 and 239 which I still love~
Oh im dying to get my hands on the MK2 its soooo beautiful! But so expensive :(, maybe next year lol, i also like the look of the chiku T4, im actually debating of getting this one or the tom ford cheek brush

Latest posts