Just got back from the emergency room in the hospital...

lipstickandhate

Lord. Please be careful.

I had a girl in court today who had a .31 BAC and had driven in her car. She killed 3 people when she hit them at 95 mph and she didn't remember ANY OF IT. She found out she had killed the people for the first time at her arraignment after they set her bail at $500,000. She burst into tears when I told her and claims she doesn't remember anything after the 7 shots, 4 beers and a bottle of Mikes that she drank BEFORE they went out for the night. She had no idea she was in an accident, no idea she'd even been in her car. She's 19. It broke my heart.

Yesterday, I sat in on an interview with a young woman who was allegedly gang-raped by a group of male friends at a friend of a friend's party. She doesn't really remember what happened though because she had had so much to drink. She doesn't remember saying no but she doesn't think she would have said yes. She's 16.

Please please please be careful in the future. I know you say you're never drinking again, but you will. Everyone thinks these types of stories can never happen to them, but they can and they do. Every single day. You are too young and have too much going for you. You are clearly intelligent in that you have taken this experience and learned from it but in time lessons fade for all of us. Good luck and please treat yourself well.

giz2000

Ok..I'm glad you're ok, but...(now, I am shifting into mom mode..sorry!!)...I hope you learned an important lesson...and that you stay away from people like that...plus, you shouldn't be drinking anyway...(shifting out of mom mode)...I really am glad you are ok....

ginger9

I'm glad you are okay too and I know you are serious even though you were "lmfao", you are still scared and it's just a coping mechanism for what happened. I really hope you won't repeat this again and thank God for your bf and father and I would hate to imagine what would have happened otherwise.

I know to an extent how you feel. I had alcohol poisioning once too. It was not as severe as yours but I was so frightened because it was not anything like being drunk but just sick and puking your guts out, even water and you black out and just feels like your body's shutting down. I was lucky too because my best friend and some other friends took good care of me and didn't just leave me behind to continue partying because I was in another country at the time.

Please take care of yourself and hopefully other readers will learn from this experience.