Just How Desperate is She?

MAC_Whore

Ex-JonBenet suspect Karr arrested in Georgia
Updated: 1:18 p.m. ET July 7, 2007

SANDY SPRINGS, Ga. - John Mark Karr, who made what turned out to be bogus claims of killing JonBenet Ramsey, was jailed Saturday in a domestic argument at his father’s house in suburban Atlanta.

Officers received a 911 call late Friday from the house about an argument between Karr, his girlfriend and his father, Sandy Springs Police Lt. Steve Rose said.......

OK, don't get me wrong. I am not minimizing the abuse, but.....

HE HAS A GIRLFRIEND???
icon_eek.gif
How desperate for a relationship do you have to be to think that a man who lied about have a deep romantic love for a child is a keeper? Oh and lets not forget that he lied about murdering the child because he wanted the attention.

Wow. What a catch. :confused: Not so much. Good Lord.

MACATTAK

iagree.gif
Just like some notorious people in prison, who have no shortage of women after them. Seriously, what are they thinking???

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACATTAK
Just like some notorious people in prison, who have no shortage of women after them.

Exactly. There are serial killers, serial rapists, child abusers and everything else in prison and they have women chasing behind them.

YvetteJeannine

I remember reading a book about the serial killer/rapist Richard Ramirez (AKA: The Nightstalker)...simply a HORRIFIC man. An intelligent, kind lady (that was on his jury, voted for a guilty verdict AND the death penalty, might I add) married him in a jailhouse ceremony. She was one half of an identical twin pair, and her twin no longer speaks to her. When questioned why she voted for guilty and then married the guy, she stated that if she could go back and do it all over again, she would vote Not Guilty. Thank GOD she chose to go wacko after the trial.

If anyone has a chance to read that book, (it's called "The Nightstalker"), you should. The guy would break in peoples' homes at night...they would wake up to him at the foot of their bed. I could not IMAGINE the SHEER TERROR. But, if you're 'in to' criminal psych. like me, it's a great book.

AlarmAgent

Crimelibrary has an excellent article about "Serial Killer Groupies", the women who write romantic letters, send gifts, and sometimes even marry criminals of all sorts. It's actually unnervingly common, and prisoners of all sorts have many chances at exchanging letters with women.

Now, normally, I think those kinds of letter exchanges benefit both parties. I would never do it, but if it brightens the day of a lonely lady and a prisoner, what's the harm? But then again I'm fairly liberal when it comes to prison rights, don't ask me why! "Soft on crime", I guess, haha.

But when it comes to the more well...'evil' criminals, that I just don't get. The Night-Stalker, as mentioned earlier, is one of the most sought-after prison pen-pals for women. Yikes. Same with Scott Peterson.

Two very interesting theories concerning this phenomenon:
1) When confined, a man has no real option but to remain loyal to you. Or at least, many women convince themselves of this. After all, a fellow can't cheat if he won't see another woman for twenty years. This, of course, doesn't account for rape. However, the 'celebrity' prisoners often don't interact much with the general population, thus they don't face that risk as often.
2)The idea, especially with violent sexual offenders, that "he loves me so much, he'd never do that to me!". The feeling of being 'special', of being 'spared'. A complete misanthrope who somehow loves you. It makes them feel above others to enter a relationship with a man who seems to have "high standards".

I know those are kind of abstract, and sometimes it may be such a simple explanation as "crazy women given paper and the address for crazy men", but I find the ideas intriguing, at least.

As for John Michael Karr, my only guesses would be :
A) his interest in children juxtaposed with his interest in her makes her feel as if she has retained her own physical youth and attributes. "To feel young again", perhaps, in some perverse sense of the phrase.
B) Ho crazy.

Ms. Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
HE HAS A GIRLFRIEND??? How desperate for a relationship do you have to be to think that a man who lied about have a deep romantic love for a child is a keeper? Oh and lets not forget that he lied about murdering the child because he wanted the attention.
Wow. What a catch. :confused: Not so much. Good Lord.

iagree.gif

These women are pathetic.

Beauty Mark

The Melendez brothers, at least one of them, has a wife, even though they're jailed forever and don't even get to consummate their marriage

Raerae

C'mon, you can get a honeymoon to one of those little trailors that have for congigal (sp?) visits lol...

Beauty Mark

From what I read, the Melendez marriage wasn't even allowed that. I think they might die virgins, but I'm not sure.