Just wanted to say

rafaaa

You could go to one of the other counters/stores in the area and ask them. Usually they're all connected, so they could let you know how to apply!

outinapout

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY
some og these threads that they may consider someone with a ton of retail/selling experience , and since I have that, with no MU experience or anything, how will I fit something like that into my resume? U know what I mean?

When you list the responsibilities on your resume, tie in those that you feel prepare you for this job; think about what you've learned at your previous retail jobs that will translate into MAC world. There is a lot that is universal in retail: comfort and ease in approaching people in order to drive your buisness, being able to suggestive sell, handling customer objections in a way that keeps your customer happy and hopefully saves the sale, reliability, etc...chances are if you've been in retail for a while, you're an old pro at this stuff, just let the interviewer know!

rafaaa

So this thread has become like my MAC story haha... Today I went in to the one freestanding store in Tucson to fill out my paperwork... I got a freelance/on-call handout, and she said I should be in the system within 2 weeks.. She also made sure I was available to work at any of the three locations in town, which of course I said I was.. I also spoke with her about becoming permanent, and she told me just to let it be known that I'd like to eventually do so and I'll be kept in mind for the next positions as they open up... I *really* hope I get put as a part-time permanent MUA at the Tucson Mall counter, even though I'd take either.. I've worked at that mall previously & I know it pretty well.. plus its probably a bit closer.. The freestanding store is hella hella far, but they pay well enough for me to make the trek, just hopefully not permanently!

makeupNdesign

Congrats from a fellow MAC Artist
smiles.gif
You are gonna love working for them! And now that you're "in", you definitely have a better chance than most at securing a permanent position.

Boasorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by outinapout
When you list the responsibilities on your resume, tie in those that you feel prepare you for this job; think about what you've learned at your previous retail jobs that will translate into MAC world. There is a lot that is universal in retail: comfort and ease in approaching people in order to drive your buisness, being able to suggestive sell, handling customer objections in a way that keeps your customer happy and hopefully saves the sale, reliability, etc...chances are if you've been in retail for a while, you're an old pro at this stuff, just let the interviewer know!

THanks! I re wrote my resume, and now I'm good to go! I'm applying everywhere I can online ,but I think it's best for me to actually go in the store since I'm not hearing anything back....