KIKO makeup? Anyone?

montREALady

So I was in Kings Plaza Mall here in Brooklyn and walked past Kiko and was like "What is this?" I went in and bought some eyeliners, a lipgloss, nail polish and nail polish strips. All on sale. I saw the matte lipsticks and they look good. I'd never even heard of them before!

Dominique33

Do you like the quality, colour range?
Honestly Kiko is a good budget brand but MAC is overall better IMO. I love Kiko lip care and balms, es palettes ( but the 2012/2013 ones in fact, at that time quads were gorgeous ), glosses and powders ( not all ). Eye shadows are very good indeed ( probably better than some MAC ones ), skincare is really budget one compared to middle and high end skincare. Np are good, top coat gel is one of the best ever. I have just applied a Chanel np and I used the Kiko top coat. Kiko is worth splurging I would say.

montREALady

Pics of my mini haul
Eye pencils, lip gloss and nail strips

mkoparanova

I love their NPs, especially the sugar mat ones! The eyeshadow sticks are also very good. I recently bought one lipstick because it's an unusual shade and I really like how it performs.
Honestly Kiko is a good budget brand but MAC is overall better IMO. I love Kiko lip care and balms, es palettes ( but the 2012/2013 ones in fact, at that time quads were gorgeous ), glosses and powders ( not all ). Eye shadows are very good indeed ( probably better than some MAC ones ), skincare is really budget one compared to middle and high end skincare. Np are good, top coat gel is one of the best ever. I have just applied a Chanel np and I used the Kiko top coat. Kiko is worth splurging I would say.
http://www.kikocosmetics.co.uk/make-up/hands/nail-treatments/Gel-Look/p-KM0040200310300 Is this the top coat you're talking about? Does it dry quickly? The best top coat I've tried is Seche Vite but I stopped using 2-3 years ago because it is harmful. I've been using OPI RapiDry and it dries quickly but the incredible shine is not there, so I'm looking for something new.

SlugPower

I like Kiko a lot. It doesn't make me break out, which is a problem for A LOT of makeup for me. It's so cheap, too. One thing I dislike is the limited editions. Sometimes there are really great / fun products, but they're limited edition.

Dominique33

I love their NPs, especially the sugar mat ones! The eyeshadow sticks are also very good. I recently bought one lipstick because it's an unusual shade and I really like how it performs. http://www.kikocosmetics.co.uk/make-up/hands/nail-treatments/Gel-Look/p-KM0040200310300 Is this the top coat you're talking about? Does it dry quickly? The best top coat I've tried is Seche Vite but I stopped using 2-3 years ago because it is harmful. I've been using OPI RapiDry and it dries quickly but the incredible shine is not there, so I'm looking for something new.
The link does not work, the top coat I use has a gel effect . Kiko has launched a new duo ( np and top coat ) it looks very promising and they also launched a new makeup collection ! The Blushes look pretty ( 14, 90 € each ) the bronzers too !

SlugPower

I got that new bronzer (essential bronzer, modern tribes). It's very good, but "expensive" for their usual. Huge pan too.

montREALady

I got that new bronzer (essential bronzer, modern tribes). It's very good, but "expensive" for their usual. Huge pan too.
Warm or Sienna?

http://www.kikocosmetics.co.uk/make-up/limited-editions/modern-tribes/Essential-Bronzer/p-KC03001051

SlugPower

war
Warm or Sienna?

http://www.kikocosmetics.co.uk/make-up/limited-editions/modern-tribes/Essential-Bronzer/p-KC03001051
Warm Melange.

The thing is huge, it has 20g. It is a brown casing with a mirror on the lid, and it "glues" together with magnets.

montREALady

war
Warm Melange.

The thing is huge, it has 20g. It is a brown casing with a mirror on the lid, and it "glues" together with magnets.
I would definitely go with the darker, Sienna, if I get it. Maybe I'll check it out in the store over the weekend. The casing looks so cool!

Dominique33

I agree It is a huge pan, I purchased the bronzer ( the lighter one ) and one blush . You are correct 17 € is quite pricey, the duo np is cheap though ( 7, 90 top coat included ). The blush well 14,90€ It is still ok all the more as the packagings are beautiful. I would recommand this summer collection, I paid 40€ for the blush, the bronzer and one duo np, a Chanel blush is 40€ ! The Kiko brush looks very good too .

SlugPower

Yes, the Tribes Brish seemed very good. I already had gotten the Generations one though I don't need a fourth pwoder brush lol. I didn't need the third either, but it was too cute to pass.

Corally

I'd also love to see swatches, particularly of the eye pencils from this collection, the shades look gorgeous but don't know which ones to choose! :)

Anneri

I haven't seen that particular collection yet, but in my experience you can't go wrong with pencils by Kiko. That's one thing they do exceptionally well - I like all their liners I've ever gotten, either for eyes or lips!

Dominique33

Has anyone bought products from the new 'Modern Tribes' collection? Would really like to see swatches
I Have 1 bronzer, 1 blush and The brush . Really worth buying . No swatches but I really recommand the collection, The powders have a soft texture, it is easy to play with and to build up. The texture is a light one, not comparable to MAC MSF for exemple. But Kiko powders give a soft healthy glow and it is quite flattering. The brush is quite good IMO.