ladies (and gents) in syrcause, NY and surrounding areas

kaexbabey

do any of you shop at the carousel center and get your mac at the macy's? if so, how fast do you think heatherette would sell out? we just got stationed here (hubbs is in the army), so i'm not too familiar with this mac counter and its popularity. i really don't like ordering online because i'm scared i won't like it in person even though i look at swatches on here all the time. things i liked in pics, i didn't like once i saw in person. soo i was supposed to go today to get my heatherette at carousel center but me, baby, and hubby have colds =( so i'll have to wait til next weekend when hubby is off again because we live an hour away. but yeah i just wanted to know how fast you think (or already know) heatherette will sell out because online lollipop loving, which i really want, is sold out! and so is melrose mood and alpha girl beauty powder!
ssad.gif

captodometer

I lived in Rochester until the middle of last year. The Carousel Mall counter doesn't normally sell out of stuff very quickly, but the Galleria in Buffalo usually does if that helps any.

KimoraLeeWannaB

Hey KaeBaby!!!!
Welcome to the area!

I go to school at Syracuse University and stop at their Macy's stand all the time.

Usually the lipglass and lipsticks sell out 1st.
The eye trios don't sell out as quickly.

Some of the stuff on the MAC site will be sold out but they'll still have it at the Syracuse store and the girls there are really nice so if they don't have something on display just ask them if they have it. Hope that helps

kaexbabey

thanks to both of you!

kimoraleewannab, that's good to know! i already kinda figured (and hoped) that things wouldnt really sell out because that counter doesn't seem too busy like the ones i'd go to back at home in california. but i'm really hoping lollipop loving will still be there for me by saturday!

some of the girls there are super nice, and some not so much. there's one i like in particular, tina is her name. i think.

makeup talk aside, what do you guys do for fun around here? lol. watertown/ft drum is really boring and not what i'm used to in california haha.

captodometer

Upstate NY is festival land. From now until the middle of October, there should be several festivals every weekend. You may have to come down from the north country, though. Once you start north of Syracuse, things get kind of slow.

I used to have to take rotating week long shifts in Brier Hill, about 10 miles south of Ogdensburg. So if you actually live in Watertown, be grateful
tong.gif

kaexbabey

ooh that might be fun! where exactly are these festivals or where would there be information on them? and what kind of festivals are they anyways? lol

captodometer

There's festivals for just about everything. Lilac Festival in Rochester, Grape Festival in Naples, the Renaissance Fair in Sterling. Apple festival in Hilton, strawberry festivals multiple places, corn festivals, art festivals, music festivals. There's a Scottish Highland festival in Syracuse that I used to go to every year. If you can think it up, there's probably a festival celebrating it in upstate NY this spring/summer.

The info will be in your local newspaper, probably in the expanded weekend events guide. The guide in the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle is in the Thursday edition; you can probably access it online. And I'm sure that the Syracuse newspaper has something similar.

If you go to a festival in the Rochester/Syracuse area, you can always stop at the MAC counter on the way back home:-0

kaexbabey

oh thanks a lot! i'll have to check out the strawberry festival. it'll remind me of home
smiles.gif
and of course, no trip to syracuse is complete w/o a stop at MAC =P lol

kaexbabey

really?! that's a good thing then .. sorta lol. i guess i'll call before going so my trip's not wasted.

BeautyPsycho

I was there tonight, they have H. However, I'm not sure if some of the stuff is already sold out or they didn't get it at all... because I didn't see any of the H. lip glosses or glitters. Also, I'm pretty sure they only had "She's good" lashes...
th_dunno.gif

Girls were awesomely nice!
smiles.gif

kaexbabey

went today. lipglosses were sold out! =[ except sock hop which i thought i was gonna like, but too orangey. but my lollipop loving was there yipee
greengrin.gif
also they havent recieved the beauty powders yet so they put msf's from the N collection where they were supposed to go .. and i think they didnt have the glitters yet but they put reflects very pink instead and it was SO pretty on top of the pink in trio 2. i'll be getting thaat glitter next time =]