ladies with hyperpigemention& acne scars

NatalieMT

I apply my foundation first, just to get an all over even colour and then I'll go in with my concealor and add to the areas that need a little more coverage - usually under my eyes and on the chin area. I find if I do the concealor second I'm more likely to use less of it because the foundation will have already covered some of the problems. Then I just set with powder and finish off my cheeks, eyes and lips.

RaynelleM

To conceal my dark circles and some dark spots left by dry patches on my eyelids, I use a concealer in NW35 first, then foundation all over my face and then concealer again in NC42 on lids & undereye and any other marks that I may get sometimes from acne etc. I feel that the NC42 matches the foundation better but the NW35 gets rid of the initial darkness.

midge

I apply my concealer first. It just seems to work better for me. I suggest trying both to see what works best for you. What works for one person doesn't always work for the next.
winks.gif

crystalado

I totally agree! I was using concealer before my foundation and I liked it. But recently I have been doing foundation first, then concealer and then setting with powder! I like both ways, but it also depends on which foundation I am using! If I use SFF I conceal first, but if I am using Mineralize foundation I do it after!

spoiledkiwi

It depends on what type of foundation I'm wearing. If I'm wearing powder foundation I put my concealer on first. For liquid, I put it on second.

amelia.jayde

i apply foundation first, because it covers SOME of the redness, so i end up using less concealer that way. i've tried using concealer first, but i end up sheering it out with my foundation brush and then having to apply more concealer, anyway.

gujifijian

To get rid of acne scars and discoloration, I use something called UltraQuin..U can buy that over the counter from a pharmacy. Well atleast in Toronto, Canada u can. It only cost $15 for me. I use it only at night time and I make sure after cleansing my face, instead of moisturizing, I just apply the UltraQuin cream and make sure it spreads entirely over my face!

Misstink

what personally works for me is:
make up base with a neutralizing tints (helps down play the darkness)
foundation
concealer a shade ligther then your foundation
loose powder (blends everythign in so it appears like a flawless canvas

sss215

[quote name="barbaramory" url="/t/92657/ladies-with-hyperpigemention-acne-scars/30#post_2438275"][SIZE=12pt]Turmeric is one such wonderful ingredient which stops the excess melanin production in skin. It is anti-bacterial and suits perfectly for all types of skin. Whether it is lemon facial pack or honey facial pack or any other homemade facial pack, you can undoubtedly mix turmeric to that facial pack to get more results. Curd, milk, honey, lemon, oatmeal, and many other ingredients works best with the proper mix of turmeric.[/SIZE] [/quote] Does turmeric burn?