Leopard Print Quad?

Bella83

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures to show you, so I'll just have to be very descriptive. My BFF picked up some make-up from a friend of a friend who works for Mac (allegedly).

She got liner, a compact and quad. It's gold, double sided so it's thick, about an inch, 2" wide, 3" long maybe. Colors are shimmery shades of pink, golden-green, black and gray. The eyeshadow case changes from leopard print to the word "mac" when you move it side to side

She got it for $15, compact for $25 and eyeliner for $10.

I've searched and searched and can't find anything fitting this description. At first I thought it was some kind of pre-Fabulous Felines leak, but no, it's not. I'm thinking counterfeit. It's super adorable, but I'm afraid she got taken. At those prices? For a Mac quad, $25 is crazy cheap. Mac associates don't usually sell on the side, in fact I'm pretty sure that's a HUGE no, no, correct?

Thoughts?

LMD84

honestly i don't think i have ever seen a mac quad with leopard print text on it.
th_dunno.gif

angi

No I haven't either - I can't recall a time, except from style warriors, that mac used leopard print, but there was no quad with that collection. It does sound like a highly elaborate counterfeit or, as a long shot, like you said a prerelease of something. If you can look it over it would be worth seeing if it has mac stickers on it/ colour names for the eyeshadows etc.

Candy Christ

Sounds fishy. Can you look and see if there are names for the colors/stickers/tags? It would be a great help to see

8/17 -- Read this again and is obviously fake