Lets do the HULA

Shimmer

Luaus are such fun.
smiles.gif
cheerleader.gif
clap.gif

MAC_Whore

You are having entirely too much fun! Quit posting these and making the rest of us jealous!!!
lol.gif

Did you attempt to do the hula?

mzcelaneous

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
You are having entirely too much fun! Quit posting these and making the rest of us jealous!!!
lol.gif

Did you attempt to do the hula?

iagree.gif

Uhhh yea. I'm gettin' jealous over here! Hope you're having/had fun! From the looks of it, you sure are!

YvetteJeannine

After DH and I go on our cruise this year (scheduled to go to Ocho Rios Jamaica, Grand Caymen Caymen Islands, Cozumel Mexico, Roatan Honduras, Belize City Belize) I am planning for our next trip in the fall of '07 or spring of '08 to go to Hawai'i!!! SO BEAUTIFUL!!!

SHIMMER; I hope you are enjoying yourself (I am sure you are!). You MUST tell the *best* places to visit. Are you on the 'Big Island", or on another island?

Shimmer

I did NOT attempt to do the hula. High heels plus a skirt plus too many drinks = not a good idea
lol.gif

Yesterday we did the OP Hawaii 06 Surfing Competition and I got great pics of it.
greengrin.gif
North Shore is amazing.

I'm on Oahu...which is the island with Waikiki and North Shore, and has some seriously gorgeous beaches.

I would totally recommend that anyone coming to visit NOT linger downtown, and instead hit the smaller beaches with fewer people. White Plains, Ewa, etc. Haliewa is LOVELY, and is NO WHERE near as crowded as Waikiki. Waikiki is beautiful, don't get me wrong, but the time I spent there was just like.........blerf. Lanikai is another beautiful beach.

Definitely do a luau (KaPolei is a great one) and get shaved ice on the North Shore. DON'T go shopping in the tourist spots, as the prices are retarded.

Driving in Hawaii is just insane, but if you're staying downtown take the Waikele trolley to the Waikele outlets. They've got GREAT prices.
Another MUST DO is the Aloha Stadium. The swapmeet there is phenomenal.
There IS a Mac store in the Ala Moana mall, I did go there my first weekend
lol.gif

Most of all, I've found I love the laidback, relaxed atmosphere island life provides.

thelove4tequila

My husband is in the military and I'm hoping we will/can be stationed in Hawaii for our next duty station (so I have to wait 2 more years until I know!). I would love to visit/live over there. Lucky you...

Shimmer

is he army or marine? If he's Marine and you're stationed at Kaneohe LUCKY Y'ALL! The Marines got teh best side of the island.
smiles.gif