Licensing from FL to Jersey,need help!?

Taangrl21

I currently live in St.Pete, Fl. and in the Spring/Summer of 2010 I will be relocating back home to South Jersey(A.C. Area).

Right now, I have an opportunity to go to a vocation school for a cosmetologist license and have most of it paid for. The hours are the same for FL as in NJ. (1200)

However, I have checked the NJ Board and I know I will have to take the exam and a shaving test, that I am assuming, I will have to re-attend a school for. On top of that I heard that NJ makes it hard for people from other states,to get there license. True? I do not know.

Now, I am interested in styling hair, but would prefer taking the skin care course. Here in FL, they only require 300-450/hrs. In NJ it's 600. So if I took the program here, I'd move back to NJ, and have to take the schooling all over, from what I have read on forums and blogs. Plus I see no skin care schools in my south jersey area that isn't over an hour away...bummer.

I am just confused on what to do really. I don't want to have to repeat my time. But I am not sure as to if I should take the cosmetology program now and have to deal with the whole licensing debacle, and get stuck using whatever permit they issue me, and have it expire.

Anyone have an opinion??? Or have transferred from FL to NJ???

Thanks for listening!