Lip products to volumize lips PERMANENTLY?

Doowop

I would like to know if there's any lip products sold in retail shops, not online, that permanently makes your lip size bigger and fuller the longer you use it, and not just gives the illusion like normal lip glosses do, or just irritates your lips so it gets thicker just for that time you use it.

From what I read on other forums, what is recommended are Lip Explosion by Body Innovations, and Ferity lip plumping gloss, anyone heard of them?

eowyn797

i doubt any of those topical applications work long-term. you're after injections, and even those can break down over time. they are far more permanent than anything you'll find over the counter, tho.

*KT*

A semi-permanent solution would be Juvederm injections. I work for a place with a medical skincare department that does Botox for fine lines and Juvederm to fill in deeper lines or to plump lips. Since they needed guinea pigs for the doctors on their training with the product, some employees had deep lines filled (verticle one between the brows, etc) and one had her lips plumped with the product. I will say this though, you would probably want to have a couple days after the injection before you have to be around people. The gal who had her lips done looked a bit too swollen the first couple days. So if it were me, I'd have it done last thing on a Friday and then hang around home for the weekend while everything relaxes. =)

Anyway, Juvederm might be something worth researching.

Doowop

thanks for your help, there's one online Lip Volume - Fuller Lips without surgery! that claims to increase lip volume by 60%...website looks kinda amateurish but I think the product's quite popular. I'm not looking for more invasive methods though like injections, somehow I will feel consoled if it's less invasive even though it's not natural.

Doowop

I guess you have to continue to use it to maintain the results? then again it says not temporary treatment

Dreamergirl3

Looking at the ingredients, it seems like it's just your average plumping gloss with mild skin irritants.

I don't even think there's a product out on the market, let alone even an ingredient, that's been proven to stimulate collagen production of the lips and produce permanent results.

Kuuipo

Even collagen injections in the lips shrink after a while, and implants can get bumpy and develop ridges.