Lof of FAKE items from Ebay? HELP!

hi to everyone here.

this is my first post here so i a feeling a little timid, like a mouse around lionesses so to speak, lol. but i have been lurking on this forum for a little while gleaning some of the great knowledge here.

i need help in verifying that a lot of supossed MAC items i bought are fake, and i don't mean to be a bother but i need help ASAP because my time is running out to file a SNAD with paypal.

here is the link to the sale page - 3 MAC Pigments, Lipglass, 316 brush +extras - eBay (item 370033254364 end time Mar-21-08 02:35:09 PDT)

three weeks ago immediately after i got these items in the mail, i took these photos and sent them to someone with a great deal of MAC knowledge.

i truly appreciate of her help (THANKS!!) but it is taking a little longer than i expected to get verification on all the items from her so i decided to post the photos here.

anyway i suspect all the items are counterfeit but i just don't know how to approach her or ebay/paypal about this.

in the listing for these items, she says that she went to MAC and they authenticated the items.

when the lot first arrived in the mail, before i actually opened the package, i was feeling confident that i had just received some authentic items because the seller has 100% positive feedback, plus she said everything was "authenticated".

i just found out like a couple of days or so ago from someone in this forum (THANKS!) that you can't just go into any MAC store and ask to have stuff "authenticated".

anyway but when i opened the package and compared the "pigments" with piggies i bought from MAC - as i always do when i buy from ebay - the jars just looked so off i suspected they were fake.

however i just thought to myself "maybe these are older jars". i have only been a MAC user for less than 4 years so i was trying to give the seller the benefit of the doubt.

but i was still suspicious so my next step was to swatch the piggies, because i know swatches will usuallytell you what's what.

these "pigments" didn't come with boxes, and they didn't have MAC stickers on the bottoms of them either.

they did have stickers on them that she put on them! a photo of these labeled jars is below. the plain white office supply type stickers should have been another clue that these "pigments" are fake.

one of the "pigments" was labeled "frozen white" so i swatched it with a charm/vial of frozen white i have from a holiday set.

they looked totally different. i also swatched something she labeled "emerald green" with my authentic emerald green,and they too looked different.

i then thought that perhaps this green pigment she labeled "emereald green" was actually "golder's green". so i swatched it with my authentic golder's green.

the golder's green didn't match either.

so, still trying to give her the benefit of the doubt, i said to myself, "well maybe these are just mislabeled. what if these are actually colors that i don't have so i can't swatch them?"

but then when i looked at the whole lot together, even though i have never bought either of the types of glosses in the lot (clear lipglass and pro lip gloss - i am devoted to plushglass because of years of smoking which i quite 3 years ago) i just had this nagging feeling the items were fake.

the thing that complicates this my mind is her claim of authentication. i am worried that if i take this to paypal she will just tell them the items are authenticated and i know paypal doesn't always know what they are doing so i am scared they will find in her favor.

i just really need to know the best thing to say to paypal where they will seriously challenge her claim of authenticity, and how to approach this issue with the seller.

thanks so much everyone in advance - sorry there are so many photos, just trying to be informative but if this is too many photos i will not include so many in future queries here.

oh! and sorry they are so big also, just wanted to make them detailed as possible - please advise if they are too large?

PHOTOS
---------------

"pigments"

number code as SHE labeled them (i have authentic versions of all of these "pigments" and none of them match when swatched.

1. revved up
2. frozen white
3. melon
4. emerald green
5. unlabeled "pigment"

piggies.jpg

plz excuse the mess on my desk!

piggies2.jpg

topsoff.jpg

photo of labeled jars is below - they are reverse number/color order , ie #5 the unlabeled pigment is on the far left, #4 "emerald green" is to the right of it, etc.

labeledjars.jpg

jarback1.jpg

jarback2.jpg

swatches.jpg

twogoldersgreens.jpg

fake_and_authentic-goldersgreen-fla.jpg

"MAC" glosses

lipglass1.jpg

lipglass2.jpg

lipglass4.jpg

lipglass5.jpg

progloss1.jpg

progloss3.jpg

progloss7.jpg

"MAC" supposed 316 brush

316-1.jpg

316-3.jpg

THANKS SO MUCH 4 ANY HELP!!!

Xqueeze_me

Glad you finally posted here, SouthernGirl!

She probably peeled off the labels on the bottom of the jars to prevent anyone looking at it to determine whether its fake or not. Also with no boxes? *tsk*tsk* As for the "e" on the back of the jars, they don't look right. The fakes are so good nowadays that I need to see them physically to KNOW. :/

In the auction, the Rose Gold is NOT ROSE GOLD. Rose Gold is a metal pigment and it should be darker (and less quantity) than that jar!

I'm not too sure about the lipglasses/gloss because I never owned any.

My sis unearthed this lip brush from her stash (Someone bought her a whole lot of MAC more than 10 years ago!) but I'm not too sure if the brush number is still the same..
Brush23.jpg

It has a cover to go with it but I didn't take a pic of it.

You can sort of enlarge the pic to see the brush: MAC 316 Lip Brush/Covered Brush price comparison

urbanlilyfairy

the green looks more like golden olive vs, emerald or golders green.. but I dunno ...least you can try to get a refund and hope for the best..good luck.

yes it does seem like a refund is my best bet, but once i did this with a seller who sold me a fake item and when i filed my claim she escalated it and claimed i was trying to "scam" her!

the nerve of these people!

and thanks for the 316 brush photo - yes the text on mine does seem too close to the ferule to be a real thing, and the white stickers....ughhh....this lot seems to scream fake, but i just wanted to make sure.

1165Cheryl

Thats not emerald green for sure. My revved up is much darker then the one above, it's closer to #5. By looking at the jar only revved up looks lighter but when opened it's much darker. I hope your able to get a refund...There are many good sellers here and members who know some of the good sellers left on Ebay, always feel free to ask. We also have great forums that list good sellers, not trustworthy, ect.....

thanks for the replies everyone - i'm still not sure about the lip glosses but if some of the items are fake (the "pigments") i just don't want the lot at all.

filing a SNAD today!

oh! what if i have more items that i suspect are counterfeit -should i post the new photos here or start a new thread?

thanks so much everyone!!
thmbup.gif

help!!!!!!!

everyone instead of filing a snad te other day i thought hey i will contact the seller first and see is she wil just refund without a dispute cuz sometimes i know ebay sellers will do that plus ebay tells you when you are getting ready to file a dispute that you should contact the seller first.

and what do you know, she still claims that she got the items verified at a nordstrom's in chicago, but is blah blah blah - HERE' S the message!:

start
----

I actually had all the item verified at two MAC stores. One store was
Nordstroms counter and the other was a free standing MAC store. At this
store the artists labeled the pigments for me. They were not sure aboit
the pro colors because at the time we did not have a pro store in Chicago.
The pro store is in the process of opening. My friend James was with me
while both stores verified everything was 100% authenic and they actually
wrote the labels I had provided for me. You can take them to an actual MAC
store and they will tell you the same. I do not offer refunds, but I also
state inb the auction that if you feel that the item is misrepresented you
have 7 days to contact me. Due to the nature of the product, I would have
to just throw the items away because you have had them too long. I cannot
offer a refund at this point. The lip product, brush, and pigments are all
authentic. I just gave you extra to be nice. The whole lot is well worth
over $31.00 plus the items were paid for March 29th and I mailed them
Priority a couple of days later. It is now May 3rd.

-crhall13

end
------

and for those who shop ebay you will know that the deadline for filing a SNAD is 45 days so hahah i still can file, and WILLL file, i just really need to know what to say to ebay/paypal so they will (rightfully) side with me cuz this shit is fake as a three dollar bill.

DOESN"T even have "coltainer" on the whitish lid and under the jars.

what should i do/say???

Xqueeze_me

I'd say go for photographic proof when filing the Paypal dispute. Like you said, the "COLT-ainer III" is not on the plastic insert or inside the base of the jar. ALL MAC pigment containers have those... Unfortunately even the fakes BUT one can still tell the difference when compared side by side.

Get HER to how you proof that the items are being "verified". MAC MAs are not allowed to verify anything or write any verification documents.

just responded to her! this is so high school. i hate this back and forth drama.

i wish she would just give me back my money! my response:

start
----

hi,

thanks for your quick response.

i know that it seems like a long time from the sale date of these items, but not according to ebay.

ebay customer service has told me that i still have time to file a dispute, and that i should.

also, unfortunately i happen to know that the items are indeed counterfeit.

there were several indicatiors in the jars, the gloss, the brush, etc. plus in your reply to me, what you said was also a clue.

if we cannot resplve this amicably unfortunately i will have to file a dispute.

if does not matter that you gave me extra items, if all the items are counterfeit.

i also have photographic proof, plus with what the MAC national headquarters will have to say i think i have a solid case.

i do not really want to file a dispute, however i do not want to spend even a penny on counterfeit items.

thanks so much for your time,

end
----

we'll see what happens. filing today. i'll keep everyone posted on the ebay/paypal decision.

angel_cloud

Did anyone else notice that the back of the clear Lipglass says "Lip Glos", and not "Gloss".

Just an observation - MAC doesn't make spelling errors like that... it may help with your dispute.

oh my goodness...i didn't even notice that, but then again i have never bought this kind of item (clear lipgloss) from MAC.

i thought itwas french or something! lol.

thanks so much everyone! filed a SNAD - just waiting and waiting on paypal! will let everyone know the outcome.
smiles.gif

ClareBear86

good luck getting your moneyback hun

ive just got my money back for 3 fake pigments i bought... i'll be going direct to mac now lol

hi everyone!!

thanks so much to everyone here for help with this lot but i need more help!

i am asking everyone to please please report this seller to ebay and i will do the same for anyone here.

i am in the midst of this dispute with her, and whaddya know, SHE escalated the dispute to a claim!

i think if everyone reports her i might have a better chance of winning my dispute, or better yet shutting down an ebay faker!

here are some very...let's say interesting items. interesting how they're fake and she has 100% feedback.

at least i think the pigment is fake but her auctions definitely deserve a closer look because i know that the 12 color cream shadow palette she's selling is fake.

wow thanks so much to everyone here for pointing out all these clues about her items that i would not have noticed otherwise!!!

you guys are too awesome! here's the stuff i think is fake, and more of her items may be as well.

1. Deckchair pigment

2. 12 Cream Shadow Palette

here's the lot i won from her - fake lot - it can still be reported!

please please help everyone who sees this post. i will be more than glad to report as many fakers as possible for others.

i wish there was like an "attack!" forum on specktra where everyone who visits that page knows to bomb all the sellers on that page with reports...or is there?

if there is such a place here at specktra someone please show me to the promised land!!
tong.gif

Shaquille

lol.. SouthernGirl that 12 e/s palette is definitely fake..
and I have emerald green which is darker than the one you got from her.

Anyways, good luck with the dispute.. hope she's banned

foxykita143

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernGirl
hi everyone!!

thanks so much to everyone here for help with this lot but i need more help!

i am asking everyone to please please report this seller to ebay and i will do the same for anyone here.

girl, i reported her ass for ya lol. i want all the fakers shut down, it's a sin to fake MAC

wordgirl

Southerngirl, I am SO glad you are sticking to your guns. So often buyers who get scammed by fake MAC sellers give up and go away. And that leaves the sellers free to scam countless other women. The fact that your seller is selling BLATANT fakes and has 100 percent feedback speaks volumes for the success of her intimidation tactics and ability to spin a convincing yarn.

I know this is a lot of time and trouble for you, but I sincerely applaud you for being resolute and not backing down. You are not just doing this for yourself. You are doing it for the MAC-loving community.

urock.gif