logging in...

cinnamongurlee

hi there,

after the hacking, i have had many problems with the site keeping me logged in. i click to automatically log me in for every visit to the site. however, i have to log in every single time i want to post. frankly, i am starting to get a little wiggy about it
winks.gif
prior to the hacking, i never had problems of this variety. and presently, i don't have issues with other sites that i automatically log into.

if anyone can help me, any suggestions or technical support would be appreciated.

thank you

charms23

Do you have one of those programs that protect your privacy? Those programs automatically clear out any cookies you might have, and the box you click that says to keep you logged on is a cookie.

cinnamongurlee

no, i don't have anything disabling cookies on my computer. like i said, this worked before. what is going on now? and why aren't there any issues on other sites? i am just at a loss!

and i click that box every single time i log in...nothing happens the next time i am on the site though

doc

I am facing exactly the same problem.I also check the box for auto sign in but it never does plus it gives alot prob signing in as well .i have to try 7 or 8 or sometimes more to get signed in.Plz help it's getting on my nerves.

cinnamongurlee

apparently this is something that is happening to many people.

so if this automatic sign in doesn't work, why is it even there? i guess that it has to be working for some people.

oh well. such is life

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongurlee
so if this automatic sign in doesn't work, why is it even there?

It's something the forum we use has pre-installed and many people are able to use it with no problems.

I'd like to tell everyone who is experiencing this problem the same thing I told cinnamongirlee:

I wish I could help, but I can't. I experience the same thing you guys do, it does not save my login. Now I just have it set to where my computer saves my login information for this site, that way I only have to click submit to login. I would also find it tedious if I had to re-login every time I visited the forum, this is why I decided to let the computer save my login information for this site. I know this is not a possibilty for everyone as some of you share computers, or use your schools computer, etc.

I'm not sure if it's something that is related to our upgrade of the forum after the forum was hacked (to a more secure version of this forum). If so hopefully the next release will fix it. I'm sorry for the inconvienence.