London ladies

natalie75

My sister is going to England in January to visit our family. She hasn't been over since high school. I have been lucky enough to have made several trips in that time...............This is the first time in her 25 year marriage that she's actually had a trip alone
yes.gif
She has been through a lot................ my brother-in-law was in a car accident two years ago and almost lost his leg. She worked so hard taking care of him. Then, my mother was diagnosed with cancer................. needless to say, I want her to have a WONDERFUL time. Wish I could go with her but funds won't allow (too many MAC purchases perhaps)
th_DANCE.gif

Can anyone recommend a really cool place for her to stay in London for a couple of nights? Or somewhere she must go or something she must see.

We have been to England many times (mom is from Clacton-on-Sea, aunt is from St. Albans) and have seen all the tourist things..................

Thank you ladies!!!

nunu

i reccomend she goes on a tour bus around london, go visit a few museums like Madam Tussauds She can also visit the London Dungeon.
Also a must see is the london eye.

Hope this helps

Amymo

Camden Lock and Spitalfields Markets if she likes fashion and good for celebrity spotting! Hamleys Toy Store and Harrods are fab if its around christmas time too. Afternoon tea can be really lovely, a proper English tea is always a real treat, you can go to the Ritz of Claridges for not as much as you might think! Hope she has a great time, A x

user79

I love Brick Lane and the Brick Lane market (check what day it's on) for cool, urban and eclectic fashion mixed with trash (also loads of ethnic and Indian culture and restaurants around there), Spitalfields (as already mentioned) is also nice, and the whole Shoreditch area for going out at night with really cool clubs and bars. The Soho area is nice to walk around with designer shops and lots of nice pubs. I've been to London many times as I have friends there and my sister also lives there, these are the more local non-touristy spots.

Camden Market is also pretty cool, but it's gotten a bit more touristy over the years. But you can still find cool eclectic things there.

Oh, and the Shu Uemura boutique at Covent Garden is divine! Great area for shopping as well.

As for museums, Tate Modern is - imo - the best and coolest museum. It's in an old brick factory that's been converted and modernized. It's huge, and best of all, the permanent collection is free!

natalie75

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
I love Brick Lane and the Brick Lane market (check what day it's on) for cool, urban and eclectic fashion mixed with trash (also loads of ethnic and Indian culture and restaurants around there), Spitalfields (as already mentioned) is also nice, and the whole Shoreditch area for going out at night with really cool clubs and bars. The Soho area is nice to walk around with designer shops and lots of nice pubs. I've been to London many times as I have friends there and my sister also lives there, these are the more local non-touristy spots.

Camden Market is also pretty cool, but it's gotten a bit more touristy over the years. But you can still find cool eclectic things there.

Oh, and the Shu Uemura boutique at Covent Garden is divine! Great area for shopping as well.

As for museums, Tate Modern is - imo - the best and coolest museum. It's in an old brick factory that's been converted and modernized. It's huge, and best of all, the permanent collection is free!

Thank you so much!! Do you have any recommendations for places to stay a night or two?

user79

Sorry, I don't know, I always stayed at my sister's flat, never in a hotel or anything. But there must be travel guides online with recommendations for hotels or hostels. Check out the Rough Guides website!