Looks vs. Personaliaty

giz2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love Always Ivy
graucho.gif

simple. marry the ugly filthy rich guy, divorce him, rape him in alimony then live happily ever after with the beautiful personality guy on ugly rich guys money.

I know someone who did this...he was in his late 50s and filthy, digustingly rich (not attractive, though...at all), she was in her early 20s...marriage lasted 5 years and she had 2 kids with him (how she managed that, I'll never know...I wouldn't have slept with him for a million dollars!). Divorced him, got tons in alimony and child support (still does), a couple of houses and cars...hooked up with an extremely good looking guy...they kind of guy who makes your eyes hurt..he was THAT good looking....He, in turn, took her to the cleaners (he scammed her out of a lot of money). I guess what goes around comes around after all!

xIxSkyDancerxIx

Quote:
Looks attract, personality is what makes you stay.

Agree.. looks is my attention grabber.. but if I find nothing else than I just lose interest and leave.. Regardless of how large his bank account is..

Though it would be sooo nice to find a guy with looks, personality, and bank roll. LoL!!! Wishful thinking..

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingFrAbsoltion
Looks attract, personality is what makes you stay.

Yep!! Initially I am attracted to someone by their looks, if they appeal to me on a sexual level, because that's the first thing you see in someone. But if we start talking and our personalities conflict or there's no mutual interest, the looks aren't going to matter much anymore.

Esperanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
Yep!! Initially I am attracted to someone by their looks, if they appeal to me on a sexual level, because that's the first thing you see in someone. But if we start talking and our personalities conflict or there's no mutual interest, the looks aren't going to matter much anymore.

Totally agree with that. This is the look that you notice the first time, not the personnality. But it definitely can be a deciding factor after a little bit of conversation!!

BloodMittens

I think you need both. But personality really does cloud the looks part about it. Have you ever noticed after your ex-significant other does something horrible to you, you look back at how ugly he/she was? I did that with my ex when I found out he cheated on me wayyyy back when. It made me realise how ugly he was, inside and out.

CantAffordMAC

personality.

the first night i met my now boyfriend, i saw some things that weren't really....the best to me. i thought his eyebrows were too small they are short and not thick. that was one of the only things...his nose was a little bit big

but that went away after that night for some reason. i can just sit and watch him while he sleeps and i've never seen a man look so good. He looks so manly to me...everything about him. he's just fine. lol.
eyelove.gif

MAC_Pixie04

I'd admit, physical attraction is important to me right off the bat. But if a guy's personality can win me over, regardless of what I thought of him physically at first, that goes out the window. I've admitted to my boyfriend that I wasn't physically attracted to him when I first met him. He was completely the opposite of what I was typically attracted to. But he made me smile immediately and kept me smiling all night. I felt comfortable and embraced by his lively attitude and sense of humor. Immediately, it made me attracted to him.

Frankly, I'd rather date a complete toad who made me smile, talk to me without boring me, and make me feel good inside than to be seen with some arm candy who'd treat me like shit and dull me with dry conversation.

anaaliyahfan03

i did talk to a guy that was pretty unattractive when i met him...but he was so sweet and we started dating for 2 months, but i admit the attraction was just not there and i dumped him cause i didnt wanna lead him on anymore (sorry couldnt take it)...my current boyfriend is someone i approached and of course first it was off of looks..ya cant look at someone's personality...he was gorgeous, so i just hoped and prayed he was sweet and which he was and still is...so looks first and then personality...no vs. for me...i gotta have both...i cant be with a man and he fine as hell but gotta boo-boo ass attitude...or he has the most wonderful personality but he is very very unattractive..i just cant do it