Loose powder

stargazer_k

hi all! I love reading recommendations from everyone, but I need one for loose powder.

I'm a MAC NC35 with oily face, so powders dissappear quickly. A counter lady told me once that loose powder is great for oily skin. I did some research and heard some good things about MAC's blot powder (loose) and Make Up For Ever's SuperMatte Loose powder. Have anyone used them? How'd they like it?

is there any loose powder that's great for my oily skin?

thanks!

Fairybelle

MAC Blot loose is fantastic!! I love it! Another good one to try is the MSF natural powders. They aren't loose, but they do a good job of cutting bad shine!

saniyairshad

iagree.gif
MSF Naturals are the best!!! They give u that airbrushed look

dalgyal

I recommend Becca's Loose Powder. It gives you an airbrushed finish and it feels so light, too!

amoona

I don't have oily skin but Loose powder does work very well on oily skin. You should stop by a counter and check it out, have someone try it on you so you see how you like it throughout the day. And if you can get to a Sephora to try out the MUFE brand you should do that as well. Then just see which seems to work best for you.

stargazer_k

MSF Naturals? is it similar to Studio Fix? cause it disappears throughout the day on me, and doesn't look good when I try to reapply it.... acturally, it doesn't disappear fully, part of it disappears and other parts have little powder gather.... I don't know how to explain it, it's weird...

I'm trying to get more brands so I know which to try out at a counter... the words "shine control" sounds really good for the oily skin me...

Kiseki

I personally don't like the wear of MSF's on oily skin, I love it when I apply it and 2 hours later WHAM, I look greasy and yucky and sticky. I've been considering using it with a mattifying makeup base, but it doesn't seem like something I would use on a regular basis.

I've been using Chanel - Le Poudre Universel Libre in #20 Clair and I'm loving it, and use the compact for touch ups during the day. It doesn't dry up my skin nor does it make it react when exposed to agressive environments like air conditioning and so on and so forth.

The downfall with Chanel is that it doesn't have a great color selection.

Quote:
MSF Naturals? is it similar to Studio Fix? cause it disappears throughout the day on me, and doesn't look good when I try to reapply it.... acturally, it doesn't disappear fully, part of it disappears and other parts have little powder gather.... I don't know how to explain it, it's weird...

I'm trying to get more brands so I know which to try out at a counter... the words "shine control" sounds really good for the oily skin me...

Studio Fix is a compact powder foundation with a matte finish, Mineralize Skinfinish Powders are more luminous and they're baked rather than your regular pressed powder. MSF Naturals are buildable and they can go on very sheer or provide a more medium coverage.

The parte where it disappears is probably the oilier zones in your face, you might considering applying a matifying base on those areas to keep them less oily, although I wouldn't recommend doing it on a daily basis.

The part where the powder "gathers" might be a more dry or normal area of your face that gets too dry because of the powder. If that is the case, I would stay away from powders like MAC's Blot Powder (in pressed form, I haven't tried the loose powder) because it might be overdrying your more sensitive areas. So, a matifying gel might be the solution on your problem areas, some of which can even be applied over makeup.

Sometimes, just because we have oily skin doesn't mean it's not sensitive or reactive (my case) and that really narrows down product

stargazer_k

thanks Kiseki for giving me such detail information. I'll look into a matifying gel. I'm not too worry about it now, since it's still cold where I'm at and my foundation (Clinique Superfit) is working just fine by itself, I'm thinking in the summer where it's going to be hot and I might not want to use my foundation.

I finally understand you about the sensitive and oily. good thing I ask for a sample of Clinique's toner. I used it once and hid the sample away cause the alcohol gave me really red skin...

anyways, thanks again!

MiCHiE

But, with a blot powder, you can apply where needed. It doesn't have to be a full face application each time. You can start out with an application after your makeup routine to "set" it. Then, afterwards, it can be applied whereever the oilies appear. That should cut down on the "gathering" of powder.

I wouldn't recommend Natural MSF as a blotter because it definitely deposits color and does nothing for oil production/absorption.

Kiseki

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer_k
I finally understand you about the sensitive and oily. good thing I ask for a sample of Clinique's toner. I used it once and hid the sample away cause the alcohol gave me really red skin...

anyways, thanks again!

You're welcome... the clinique 3-step toner did nothing for me, in fact not only did it make my skin start reddening, it felt even oilier.

For a matifying base, I've used this one and does wonders for me:

Makeup Forever's All Mat

MACaholic76

The best powders I've tried that really control oil are MAC Blot Loose and MUFE Super Mat Loose powder. I'll tell you this, out of the 2, the MUFE sucked the oils out of my skin so bad that I had to return it. My skin is dehydrated so if you are really oily, I bet this would work real good for you.

martygreene

For oily skin, and keeping shine at bay, MUFE's all-mat primer and super matte loose powder are great. Smashbox's studio matte pressed powder also is wonderful, designed specifically for oil-absorbing. These are standbys of mine and many other makeup artists for some time now.

Also, if you're looking for a powder foundation as some have mentioned, I suggest you check out MUFE's new dual-finish powder foundation. It's a revamp of their old powder foundation, and far superior.

stargazer_k

I used the Smashbox Compact Anti-Shine and it wasn't bad when I don't have make up on, I'm thinking of trying their liquid Anti-Shine, anyone tried it?

I looked at MUFE's all mat primer, and it's a bit more then I want to pay for. right now, I'm thinking of getting a mattifying gel/primer to see if it'll control the oil first, then if all else fail, look more into powders again.

thank you everyone for answering!

vickih

ditto on the MUFE.. expensive but it lasts forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACaholic76
The best powders I've tried that really control oil are MAC Blot Loose and MUFE Super Mat Loose powder. I'll tell you this, out of the 2, the MUFE sucked the oils out of my skin so bad that I had to return it. My skin is dehydrated so if you are really oily, I bet this would work real good for you.

carina

Ok I know that this question probably should not be posted here but I have no idea which MAC BRUSH is perfect to use for a loose powder !!! I use the 187 but recently the 131 is not bad at all and of course 129 is good... but I want to know which is the best!!!

thiscarmen

thank you everyone for answering!

I've tried the Smashbox Antishine in the tube, and I absolutely love it. Only thing is not to use too much, and only pat it on places you need it. And you'll need to blend your foundation in carefully, though, because the Antishine makes it a little more difficult to blend. I put it on after my face primer, but before my foundation.

Latest posts