Loreal HIP e/l???

S.S.BlackOrchid

Today I was at my local Fred Meyer, and I saw that Loreal had new pot e/l out. They looked really pretty, (there was a deep shimmery, navy, and a green, and black...and...). And then I saw the price...20 DOLLARS??!!??
No thanks, I 'll just go get a fluidline.

courters

Wow, that's nuts! Makes fluidline seem cheap, eh?
smiles.gif

AfricanaEyes

Whaaaat? Okay, you've gotta be kidding me. I'm a semi-Loreal HIP fan, but I would never pay that much money for anything from that line......I'll stick to the Fluidlines, as well.

makeup_wh0re

I just bought one of them to see how they work....i got it for 9 bucks. I will let yall know how good/ bad they are when i try it out!

makeup_wh0re

I just used it and it works Great!!! They are only $9.00. I think they are well worth it. I am going to take a pic but I have to wait for my camera to charge up lol. Some drugstores have crazy prices on makeup.

MsButterfli

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeup_wh0re
I just used it and it works Great!!! They are only $9.00. I think they are well worth it. I am going to take a pic but I have to wait for my camera to charge up lol. Some drugstores have crazy prices on makeup.

where did u find it for that price?

S.S.BlackOrchid

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelove4tequila
Are you serious??? 20 bones? Yeah right. How much are MAC's? Anyways if those are the only colors...kinda boring!

Fluidline is 14.50

3jane

They're $12 at CVS (I got them for less b/c I have the CVS discount card). You can probably find them for less at Harmon's. I picked up the navy and purple ones-- both of which have shimmer.

Fluidlines are $14.50 for 3g of product, the HIP ones are $12 (or less) for 4.5g of product, so you do get more for your dollar with the HIP ones.

As for staying power, I swatched the blue one on my hand: it stayed put under running hot water, and only faded a tiny bit when I scrubbed with soap. It only came off after I used Lancome's Bi-facil on it. So well worth it, imo.

The only thing I don't like about them is the brush that they come with-- it's a bit coarse and wide for my tastes (more like a brow brush than a liner brush). Also, I prefer a longer handle. Haven't tried applying the liner with this, but you're probably better off with a real brush.

makeup_wh0re

I got mine from Cvs pharmacy for $9. You get it with the cvs card( its free to get) and then it's cheaper. I love it....I think the brush is just right. The only thing I don't like is that the handle is short... to me it makes the perfect line....I got the brown one.....

000_0535.jpg

000_0536.jpg

Haha at my stupid eye
smiles.gif
)

garnetmoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeup_wh0re
I got mine from Cvs pharmacy for $9. You get it with the cvs card( its free to get) and then it's cheaper. I love it....I think the brush is just right. The only thing I don't like is that the handle is short... to me it makes the perfect line....I got the brown one..... )

i have a few questions about the price you paid at cvs....i have one of the cards and i'd love to make use of it....anyway i wanted to know how long ago did you get it at this price? was there a sale going on when you used your card? do you live on the east coast? TIA
smiles.gif

makeup_wh0re

I got it yesterday.....no there was no sale price...and no i dont live on the east coast lol....i live in hot ass louisiana!!!!

pumpkincat210

I just got the teal one. It is really pretty and more sparkly than the fluidlines and not as soft, but they still glide on well. I'm in the process of taking a fotd with it on.