Lovely Lily Help

jaimeleigh2

So I'm pretty new to MAC and loving it. MAC is hard to come by here, so I'm forced to order it or wait till I go to bigger cities. Anyway, as much as I've read about fake pigments, I still decided to order the original Lovely Lily released with the lingerie collection. Does anyone have this that could post pictures of the pigment box, container, stickers, etc. so I can find out if this is fake? I've spotted a fake before, but this one looks real. And I want to make sure.

Thanks!

panda0410

There were two Lovely Lily releases, the other one was with Naughty Nauticals. I had both releases, but no longer have them, perhaps someone else will post some pics.
You could post a few pics yourself or links to the listing for us to look at in the meantime
smiles.gif

jaimeleigh2

I mean to do that sooner with natural lighting. It's too dark now, and my cheap camera blurs things out with the flash. I will do it tomorrow. Thank you for the suggestion!

jaimeleigh2

I can't post any photos until my account is validated. (I'm a newbie) So if anyone has photos to post, I would really appreciate it. My main concern is with the color of the sticker on the bottom of the jar. I know they are either silver or clear, but this seems gray. Is there another thread about this?

obscuria

I no longer have this, but I took pictures of it when I was selling it, so here's those pictures if it helps. It looks a bit pinker than it is because of the lighting fyi.

Lovelylily.jpg

jaimeleigh2

From the pictures, it definitely looks like silver whereas mine looks like gray. My letter number code is A95. And lovely is printed on top of lily, not side by side. I'm starting to think this may be a fake.

obscuria

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaimeleigh2
Are these pictures from the Lingerie collection or the Naughty Nauticals collection? I've heard the two are have some differences and would have different batch codes. Just wondering.

This isn't where I got it, but this is exactly what mine looks like.

100% AUTHENTIC RARE /L.E MAC PIGMENT "LOVELY LILY" BNIB on eBay.ca (item 370329488628 end time 09-Feb-10 08:56:50 EST)

I don't remember. i believe Naughty Nauticals, as I wasn't really into MAC quiet yet when the Lingerie collection came out.

jaimeleigh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by obscuria
I don't remember. i believe Naughty Nauticals, as I wasn't really into MAC quiet yet when the Lingerie collection came out.

Based on your batch code, I was thinking yours was from the Naughty Naticals collection. SO it's different from mine. Thanks for you help!

panda0410

Yes the one Obscuria posted is from NN
smiles.gif
Once you get pics up I'd like to see specifically a close up of the base of the jar and back of the jar - then we'll know for sure
smiles.gif

I can tell you now that the pigments are identical - I've had them both. Only the packaging changed a little.

jaimeleigh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
Yes the one Obscuria posted is from NN
smiles.gif
Once you get pics up I'd like to see specifically a close up of the base of the jar and back of the jar - then we'll know for sure
smiles.gif

I can tell you now that the pigments are identical - I've had them both. Only the packaging changed a little.

Someone on makeup alley had said the two had some differences in color, but thanks for clearing that up. I think the color is pretty regardless. I'll get pictures up as soon as it lets me load them. Did you see the link I posted? What I have looks just like that - box, sticker, lid, etc. Thanks for your help!

Care

the one from that ebay auction looks exactly like mine, which is authentic, I picked it up at a CCO
smiles.gif

same color, same font on the bottom & the batch code! I'll take photos in a second (i tossed the box though)

Care

hope this helps! It's a light lavender color, I'm not sure why the user above's photo looks pink, mine is definitely a true light purple color

panda0410

Camera and flash settings make the colours look different sometimes
winks.gif

Not sure about the MUAer who mentioned they were different, I had them both and any colour difference was negligible. If the original was stored poorly there may be some differences, makeup - like anything - oxidises with time and that can affect colour/clarity, but if they are stored appropriately then there was very little to no difference outside what you would expect with normal variations in batch runs.

There are some fake Lovely Lily's out there, I dont buy anything from ebay without detailed pics anymore.

jaimeleigh2

Quote:
winks.gif

Not sure about the MUAer who mentioned they were different, I had them both and any colour difference was negligible. If the original was stored poorly there may be some differences, makeup - like anything - oxidises with time and that can affect colour/clarity, but if they are stored appropriately then there was very little to no difference outside what you would expect with normal variations in batch runs.

There are some fake Lovely Lily's out there, I dont buy anything from ebay without detailed pics anymore.

At this point, I probably won't buy anything else through ebay. It's no fun to wait, but it's beginning to not be worth the hassle. I'll post pics tomorrow in natural light. I tried taking some under UV light, but they didn't turn out well. I'll try again tomorrow. Thanks again for all your help!

1165Cheryl

LMD84

Quote:
winks.gif

yes i have lovely lilly from both collections and the colour is the same on both
smiles.gif

jaimeleigh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedygirl247
I'm sorry, its a fake.

Not doubting you at all because obviously I am no expert and I asked for help, but I'm just wondering what is it that make you know it's fake.