Mac #182 Hong Kong Edition?!

44caliber

Hi!

First: My name is Kira, I'm from Germany (pls excuse my english
winks.gif
) and this is my first post on Specktra
winkiss.gif
I've been reading in this forum for a quite while and you guys helped me alot! Thanks!
I'm not familar with forums, please move this thread if it's the wrong category!

Now I got some trouble with a brush I got. I knooow, you shouldn't buy Mac brushes on ebay. I was just surfing around ebay and found a Mac 182. The seller has written that it's auth. and when I'm not satisfied with it, I could get a full refund. So, I have nothing to lose, right? I bought it and got it today. The logo tells me, it's fake. The line from the "a" doesn't goes that close to the left line of the "a" like in the logos of my other MAC stuff. The bristles also have another shape.
I told the seller that it's fake and that I want a refund. She then explained the brush would be a HONG KONG EDITION and that they've used differrent and better hair. Nevertheless, she offers me a full refund or when I'd like to keep the brush, she would give me half the money back!

I've never had a Kabuki, so I can't compare, but the bristles are sooo soft, it's dense and no fall outs.

Here are some pics:
snv30408hs9.jpg

snv30420copyfh1.jpg

snv30418copyub0.jpg

what do you think? Should I keep it or not?

TIA!!

Divinity

Hong Kong edition? Thbt. Fake. The 182's are all black, handle, bristles, everything except the writing, which is white.

ewlialovesme

I am inclinced to call "fake" too. My mother bought a 182 brush from Duty Free in Singapore, and it had black bristles. I'm thinking that countries in Asia that sell MAC would all sell the same Asian editions (IF there exists an Asia-exclusive 182). But hers does not look like yours. I would try to return it if you can.

sleepyhead

this may or may not apply to this case, but in china "hong kong edition" is what they call the well made counterfeit goods (if that makes any sense). usually they are manufactured in guangdong province of mainland china(VERY close to hongkong) then packaged in hongkong and sold as "authentics" on the internet. usually they are "well-faked" (extremely close to the real stuff). i've seen a lot of "hongkong editions" of mac products floating around recently (not just pigments/eyeshadows/brushes. i've seen shadesticks, eyeliners, blushes as well). they are definitely fakes, but it's almost impossible to tell from the photos, and a lot of the sellers don't even know they are selling fakes

user79

The shape of the bristles looks fake too, mine aren't so long and the some shape is different as well. I would just return it.