Mac 8 set brushes from Ebay w/ real pics

Sereia

I am pretty convinced these are real, but you ladies know much more than I do so please let me know what you think!
Here they are my set with my own pics (better than those of last "fake Brushes" thread)

b266.jpg

b2661.jpg

b316.jpg

b239.jpg

b275.jpg

b194.jpg

b150.jpg

b268.jpg

Now, with these much better pics what do you all think!
hmm.gif

Thank you

honeebee

They look real to me.

I believe they are real. They look just like my brushes that I bought from MAC Pro.

Sereia

I believe they are too, but I was afraid after reading about the 8 set faking rushes sold on ebay. I never thought they were fake but we never know! I am glad they look (and really feel) like yours (from store)!

caffn8me

These are extremely unlikely to be genuine.

There are a number of reasons;

• They originate in China - the counterfeit capital of the world
  • They are being sold at below USA staff discount price
  • The ferrule crimping on the 266 is incorrect compared to my own 266 and the 266 shown on the M·A·C website
  • The ferrule and end proportions on the 316 are completely wrong compared to my three 316 brushes.
  • I've only been able to compare the 266 and 316 as I don't have the other brushes but 2 out of 2 compared in detail have been found to be fake
  • Other Chinese sellers are offering this same combination of eight brushes which have never been sold together as a set by M·A·C
My honest opinion is that they are extremely realistic copies but they are not genuine. Other Specktra members have bought sets containing the same eight brushes and found them to be fake and inferior quality when compared to genuine brushes. See Fake Brushes

Rule number one of internet purchasing; if it looks too good to be true, that's because it is too good to be true.

Sereia

Thank you! I am confused now because I posted them in another MAC site and everybody said they were totally real!
anyway, about their quality I have other MAC brushes from the store and the quality is exactly the same, that's whay I get even more confused, they are so soft and precise that I really believed they were real, but if they really aren't then I must say their quality is great for the price they costed!

Shimmer

If Caffn8me says they're fake, they're fake, you can totally take her at her word because she KNOWS HER STUFF.
smiles.gif

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereia
Thank you! I am confused now because I posted them in another MAC site and everybody said they were totally real!

They're not looking in enough detail. The 316 brush has several small but very significant differences in its metalwork. The 266 has differences too. I will try to get hold of the other brushes to do proper comparisons but as two out of the eight are already definitely fake then I expect the others will be too.

There's no reason why fakers can't make reasonably accurate copies, it's just that previously they haven't although pigments fool most people. They have still made some mistakes with the brushes though and it is the very small mistakes which give the game away.

These brush sets are the most accurate copies of any M·A·C product I have yet seen but they're still fake and people shouldn't buy them. Why not? Well, counterfeiting funds terrorism and drug trafficking. That's been well established. The fakers are criminals. Don't let them have your money. Counterfeiting is not a victimless crime. See the Interpol report; The links between intellectual property crime and terrorist financing. You may be helping to fund the next 9/11.

Sereia

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
You may be helping to fund the next 9/11.

I understand everything you say and I really thank you for that, but that last setence was a bit too strong, don't you think?

Shimmer

Not at all.
There are financial ties to counterfit items and terrorism on many different levels, and these individuals have to get their money somewhere? This is just one area.

Sereia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
Not at all.
There are financial ties to counterfit items and terrorism on many different levels, and these individuals have to get their money somewhere? This is just one area.

As I told before I understand all that BUT in my opinion saying that I (because I am one of thosewho bought them) am funding the next 9/11 is very uncalled for in my opinion, but that's just me, maybe I am too sensitive... but if you think, we are always funding terrorism acts in our everyday life... I don't want to get in a discussion ove this, but yes it was something very strong to say, it was like saying you will be (inderectly) killing 3000 ppl!

caffn8me

Sereia, I'm sorry if you found my remark offensive. It wasn't meant to be and it wasn't aimed at you personally. You didn't know the brushes were counterfeit when you bought them. All I'm trying to do is make people aware of the very real problems associated with purchasing counterfeit items in the hope that others won't buy from the same seller as you did or others offering the same sets.

Sereia

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
Sereia, I'm sorry if you found my remark offensive. It wasn't meant to be and it wasn't aimed at you personally. You didn't know the brushes were counterfeit when you bought them. All I'm trying to do is make people aware of the very real problems associated with purchasing counterfeit items in the hope that others won't buy from the same seller as you did or others offering the same sets.

Caffn8me, That's ok, I understood you point of view compltly and agree, I just thought the final setence was not necessary as it was something soooo horrific so bad so stupid so unhuman (sp?) that I think it was really unecessary that's all!

Apart from that's all good
smiles.gif
!

Still about the brushes... If I knew they were fake I wouldn't have bought them, but now that I have them I honestly don't regret it because their quality is sooooo good just like MAC quality.

Just one more thing, you said something about comparing them with mac site brushe pictures... all my store bought brushes are a bit differente from those on the site!
hmm.gif

MiCHiE

But, that last sentence is SO true. I don't think people want to put it together and be "blamed" for a tragedy, but it's been outed and proven that the money spent on counterfeit purses and other fake items goes towards terrorism. There's really no way to sugarcoat it. It's not a harmless, keeping-up-with-the-Jones-type thing. Please believe, women that advocate purchasing real LVs are not doing it because fakes are so ugly. This is like a drug trade for those who don't dabble in the white stuff.