MAC Alluring Aquatic Collection (May 22, 2014)

BrknFlwr85

Let's all hope that when our black boxes arrive that everything is correct and in perfect shape. The warehouse(s) are going to be very busy, so the chances of mistakes are much higher. I don't think I have it in me to be stressed out by MAC so soon after the Proenza blush issue.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
wondering.gif
It's a little old lady-ish but at least it's not a strong scent. YSL lippies are way worse IMO.

BellaInPink

More recommendations for fair NW:

I sincerely can recommend both blushes. The texture is wonderful and they add a summery glow. They are not super pigmented, which I actually like, especially as I was not a big fan of the initial releases of the EDB. SaS is looking orangey in some swatches, but it is still NW friendly, especially if you use it in combination with a bronzer (mind you, if you don't like to wear bronzers, I recommend to try SaS out in store and see how it looks like). It is a more unique shade as it has more depth that adds a glow. SaS has bronzey undertones, which I blame for looking orange in some swatches. SMHM is a no brainer for NW. It is just gorgeous coral-ish rose shade which adds a natural flush to the cheeks with a very subtle bronzey undertone. Both blushes melt into the skin (this is an issue which I had with previous EDBs). If you only get ones blush, it will be a hard decision. SaS is more fashion forward, SMHS is more conservative. But both are gorgeous = modern, glowey, office friendly, buildable.
Hi Mac-Guy, what blush do you recommend for us warm tone 40's girls?

JulieDiva

If you have mauvey lips, you need SS.

I agree with Liba.

My new favorite Nude is actualy SS. Oh my gawwwwd. I'm so grateful that T made it look bad. Her tendency to cake on products worked in my favor. I only do two swipes and it turns my mauvey pigmented lips into a MLBB shade. The texture is awesome too as it is very similar to Roitfeld's TT. It is moisturizing and it has a lot of slip. Some of the lustres can be drier, but this is definitely in the more moisturizing range. TT is more of a nude nude while SS is more a lighter version with some pearlized effect. Mind you, IMO it looks best when you do just two swipes, but this also means you have to reapply it more often. T must have done at least 10 swipes (who does that anyway?!?!) to get a frosty look - and the camera must have picked up this effect and even magnified it. As I am running low on TT, I'm glad I stocked up on SS.
Thank you enabler. I just placed an urgent order to get this lipstick now. I have natural mauvey toned lips.

kimibos

i kind of woke up late. Thanks to all The Lovelies that sent me a PM about the Launch

OK im happy i was able to catch SIren Song+ BU
fluffy.gif
fluffy.gif
pompom.gif

BellaInPink

Im really feeling Submerged polish now. I think in store i will get that and maybe one of the blushes. Its so hard to tell online even with swatches what it will look like on my skintone. Thats why i prefer other peoples suggestion/opinions

HellcatHoney

Honey, I'm here. I'll keep it brief as you are NC. IMO this collection looks best on light-plus to medium NC complexions. You have a lot of options here. It does come down to your personal taste of colors. The limit is your wallet (and whatever the vultures left over). HTH
Thank you so much for this. I'm kinda new to make up (pretty sad since I'm 27) and it's kind of overwhelming sometimes.

MACina

Time to reveal the e/s of the year (at least in my books): LORELEI
dothewave.gif

If you are a pale NW and have blue eyes, you need Lorelei! I've been using it for almost two weeks straight as it makes blue eyes pop like crazy. It is golden with the same, but more subtle, undertone than Faux Gold MES. It works as a wash of color, but can also be built to an opaque shade. I love it as a was of color with an add "cross" in the center of the lid and the center of the crease. It opens your eyes in a very refreshing way without adding too much color. I find this the perfect nude e/s for pale blue-eyed beauties. I actually ordered a BU and typically I do not BU e/s.

On a related note: If you can, get all of the e/s them. They are buttery, pigmented AND BLENDABLE. For me it is crucial that they blend well. I know a lot of people are complaining about the size, but personally I don't care much about that. If the quality is there, it is worth my money. If you like darker e/s, def check out Fathom Deep. The purpley undertone will make brown eyes pop!

thud.gif
....ok, now I have to get my hands on Lorelei!

It is the only EDES I didn' t get because I was unsure whether it suits me.

But now???? I am a pale NW with blue eyes....I need it!!!!

Thank you, Mac-Guy
bouquet.gif

TheEverydayDiva

Sooo I totally forgot that today was the AA launch day (partially because my work day has been insanely busy) so by the time I made it to the site, everything was gone. I may check Nordies site to see if I can get a couple of lippies, but despite the packaging being lovely, I cannot bring myself to splurge on this collection. Despite the fact that I am placing myself on a buy limit in order to start saving up for a new car, the only colors I really wanted were Enchanted One and Mystical lippies. I like nudes but I am more a vibrant color girl, so I may just skip this collection all together and wait for The Osbournes and Lorde releases instead. I feel better knowing that I'm not buying products that I'm not 100% crazy about, so that all you ladies who really want them can have them instead.

I hope you ladies who craved this collection got everything you wanted though! Can't wait to see pics.
yahoo.gif

BrknFlwr85

LOL thats cause some people like to kiss Butt on Youtube. They are good for what they are, the best in the Drugstore.

but Not Better than Mac.
So true! Also, Real Techniques are all synthetic, so I honestly don't think it's fair to compare them to a line that has mostly natural hair brushes. Of course, that's just my opinion on the two, but I'm sure some people would say it's fine to compare.

Fuzzy

lucky!!

I ordered as soon as it went live and I am still waiting for a shipping notification!
hopefully soon!
th_wiggle2.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by youhavethecray

I agree about the YSL-a lot if people love the smell but I think they smell like mango mixed with pencil shavings-yuck
puke.gif
EW. that sounds so bad LOL

smooch3s

I bought both brushes and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the 233? It kind of looks like the split hair version of my favorite brush, the 239. I use that one for all of my ed shadows on the lid for richer color, not sheer. I wouldn't mind if the 233 sheers out some of the new darker shadows.

kimibos

So true! Also, Real Techniques are all synthetic, so I honestly don't think it's fair to compare them to a line that has mostly natural hair brushes. Of course, that's just my opinion on the two, but I'm sure some people would say it's fine to compare.
Yes. and ofcourse they are going to be Sooo Soft. all synthetic brushes are. lol