MAC Après Chic Collection Discussion (December 2012)

kimibos

Not too many seem interested in the eyeliners, and I can't wait for those!!
i usually dont use pencil eyeliners. and then after getting all the blushes, shadows, lippies. there's no money for them
girlhaha.gif

annemariemakeup

I'm pretty happy to say that this will be a relatively small haul for me! I already have PP and SR MSF, I'm going to skip all of the MES, I don't use my MB all that much, so I will probably only end up getting a couple of the lip balms! That's a first for me - I'm usually all about the December collections at MAC!

Mineralize Lip Balm:
Slightly Nude - Nudey coral with subtle pink pearlized pigments
Stay Warm! - Creamy light pink

lilinah

Well, i'm not yet on the bandwagon
th_ymca.gif
about Stereo Rose - "Coral with golden-bronze shimmering nuances" because I have:
-- MSF - Semi Precious Rose Quartz - “rosy pink base with inner circle of silver, lime, white-pink, and copper” - looks coral on me
-- MSF - Redhead - "Gold to salmon pink degradé with frosty finish" - looks coral on me
-- MSF - Light Year - "Peachy pink with gold shimmer"
-- Mineralize Blush - Solar Ray - "Peach and gold melange"
as well as
-- Pearlmatte Face Powder - Flower Fantasy - "Pale coral with gold pearl/pale pink/soft pale salmon" (different finish, similar color range)

And
-- Benefit CORALista - "bright coral with shimmer"
-- NARS Deep Throat - "peach with shimmer"
-- NARS Orgasm the Multiple - "pinky peach with gold shimmer" (a cream stick)

Is Stereo Rose really so different that i should consider it?
th_crazy.gif

Anitacska

I own most of the products you mentioned and I do think SR is different, and maybe other than Deep Throat, the nicest of the bunch. I very often reach for it, it's my go to coral blush even though I have several coral/peach blushes. Just my
2cents.gif
whistle.gif

Well, i'm not yet on the bandwagon
th_ymca.gif
about Stereo Rose - "Coral with golden-bronze shimmering nuances" because I have:
-- MSF - Semi Precious Rose Quartz - “rosy pink base with inner circle of silver, lime, white-pink, and copper” - looks coral on me
-- MSF - Redhead - "Gold to salmon pink degradé with frosty finish" - looks coral on me
-- MSF - Light Year - "Peachy pink with gold shimmer"
-- Mineralize Blush - Solar Ray - "Peach and gold melange"
as well as
-- Pearlmatte Face Powder - Flower Fantasy - "Pale coral with gold pearl/pale pink/soft pale salmon" (different finish, similar color range)

And
-- Benefit CORALista - "bright coral with shimmer"
-- NARS Deep Throat - "peach with shimmer"
-- NARS Orgasm the Multiple - "pinky peach with gold shimmer" (a cream stick)

Is Stereo Rose really so different that i should consider it?
th_crazy.gif

purplerinne

I'm not fond that the mineralize lip balm is in a squeezee tube. Then again, I still have the tinted lip balms that were colored from a couple years ago...i'll stick to those unless the formula is out of this world

singer82

I was in Vegas the last time SR was repromoted. I got there as soon as it opened and no one was there. I had them all to choose from and didn't get it! Don't know why. So I'm hoping to get my hands on it this time. But it goes so quick online. Why did I do that?! Lol Frost at Midnight (Deep blue-grey base with purple veining) is the only thing I'm interested in other than the msf's. Not sure if I need another kind of lip product. I counted my lipsticks and I have 50. And that's not counting the few I have from other brands and glosses. That's a lot for me, I don't make that much money. And after Beauty being a total fail, I need to really really be choosey about lip products I buy from now on.

ChosenOne

Not too many seem interested in the eyeliners, and I can't wait for those!!
I'm excited for them! They're the thing I'm most looking forward to in this collection. I hope the new PLW formula is nice, and I hope it's safe to use on the waterline. Need details sooooon!!!

MACina

I really hope so too!

And I very excited for these too...I might get all of them except for the brown one.
I'm excited for them! They're the thing I'm most looking forward to in this collection. I hope the new PLW formula is nice, and I hope it's safe to use on the waterline. Need details sooooon!!!

ChosenOne

And I very excited for these too...I might get all of them except for the brown one.
I love my powerpoint e/l, so I probably won't need the black or brown. I've definitely got my eye on the teal and the purple, and the navy one is a maybe. It'll depend on how close it is to Prussian.

Aside from waterline safe, I also hope they have good staying power on the waterline. They're PLW, so one would assume so, right? I know a lot of people use eye kohl on their waterline, but I never had success with that. It's gone in minutes. Powerpoint pencils are the best pencil for my waterline, and I'm hoping these can be added to that list!

Spikesmom

I am really l excited too. I've gotten more into neutral looks with colorful liner lately so this will be awesome for me!!

Mac-Guy

I love my powerpoint e/l, so I probably won't need the black or brown. I've definitely got my eye on the teal and the purple, and the navy one is a maybe. It'll depend on how close it is to Prussian.

Aside from waterline safe, I also hope they have good staying power on the waterline. They're PLW, so one would assume so, right? I know a lot of people use eye kohl on their waterline, but I never had success with that. It's gone in minutes. Powerpoint pencils are the best pencil for my waterline, and I'm hoping these can be added to that list!
Those are my favorites too and the reason why I always look forward to the big summer collection. I expect the staying power of the PLW e/l to be similar to the PP e/l.

ChosenOne

Those are my favorites too and the reason why I always look forward to the big summer collection. I expect the staying power of the PLW e/l to be similar to the PP e/l.
You and me both! I was all over Handforged and Emerald Sea last summer
eyelove.gif

Jenrbelt

Found this...hope it hasn't already been posted! http://ivoryandolive.com/2012/10/mac-apres-chic-collection/

martiangurll

I hope the balms are vanilla scented and not like the Tendertones.
Awww, you don't like the kiwi flavor? I like both, so I am good either way. SO glad the black in the quad ISN'T carbon AGAIN. Please don't hype Stereo Rose, I can't stand to buy it and swap it a third time because I can't stand the fish scale look.

MACina

Me too....Powerpoints and Pearlglides are my favorite e/l pencils
heart.gif