MAC artist dealing with jealous people

macfabulous

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1LMAMAJ
yea when people ask how i got my job at mac without working at another cosmetics company and didn't go to cosmo school, they're kinda like wow you're so lucky (in a degrading way). then they go on about how they had sooo much experience with makeup before mac and had to go through so many interviews (i went thru one and i got my perm position) etc. so i don't even really like telling them about how i got my job, people just can't learn to be happy for others. just because i didn't have like 5+ years at a makeup counter like them doesn't mean i'm not good at what i do. yes i am new at mac and i'm still learning a lot (everyday is an adventure), i have a smoldering passion for makeup which is what drives me.

how do u mean that she said u were lucky in a degrading way? isnt that a compliment? im not trying to be funny, im just a bit confused by that lol. anyhoo, thats a shame for the rest of u girls, coz its the opposite on my side of the world, people always assume i work for mac and when i say no i actually work for max factor they even tell me to apply even some of the mac management lol, maybe i will one day. one thing i do experience is some people trying to insult me for wearing 'too much' make up, now that is what i really cant stand. i find it really rude

Boasorte

^ L1lmamaj means lucky in a degrading way, like as if it was begginner's luck that got her the job, maybe being at the right place at the right time or something??
Or she can mean someone saying 'you're lucky' but in a nasty way. It's also not what you say but how you say it. So even if they were paying her a compliment about being lucky to work at MAC but saying it in a half ass bitchy way, then ya it's an insult

colt0410

I know what you mean. I've had people tell me that i'm lucky as well. And not as a compliment, they meant that I got hired out of pure luck and not because of my skills as a makeup artist.

SarahC0612

I would have had a hard time not smacking the *hit out of that stupid girl! I actually disagree that it's jealousy, I think it's more ignorance.There is no other way to define her school of thought (or lack thereof) in my opinion.

So, anyway, I say just brush her off. The opinions of the stupid should not matter to you! She is not worth your time. Why worry about someone who probably also thinks that Mickey Mouse REALLY lives at Disneyland? If anything, pity her for being such an idiot.

whatzoedid

I know this was a little different from your situation, but my point is, when people come at you foul like that, just think in the back of your mind how lucky you are to have a job some people would kill for!
I think your videos are brilliant!
I guess you should feel lucky that all these people hate on you, you have a job that many people would kill for ;)