MAC Black Tied eyeshadow.....messy...HELP!

HOTasFCUK

Hey!!! I finally picked up Black Tied and i love the colour in the pot but i made the biggest mess when i tried to do a smokey eye. The colour went on too light and of course, made a mess all over my face! How do you guys get it to work for you? Any tips or tricks? I'm scared to use it again!:confused: LOL Thanks!!!!!

Dianora

It's easiest for me to blend if I DON'T use a base (which is hard, since my eyelids are oily), and I mainly use it as an eyeliner.

mzreyes

try using a base (paint, s/s, ccb, etc..) then sweep on a velvet finish e/s. Or even a matte. Then apply black tied over that. It always helps me!

*Luna*

I just load up my brush with a lot of Black Tied and place it where I want by just patting it on... then I gently blend out the edges into my lid color so the lines don't look harsh.

..kels*

use a base underneath it to make the colour more vibrant & use transparent tape to clean up any fallout/mess you make.

PeachyKeen

I like to do my eyes first when using Black Tied or any shade with a lot of fallout. Moisturize then prime skin, make up eyes (and clean up under eyes with a bit of remover on a Q-Tip) then put on your foundation... it makes mornings sooo much easier!
thmbup.gif

eco

thanks for the good advice and the good question.... I have black tied in the smoked eyes palette and have only used it once or twice because I find it so hard to work with.

the eyes before the foundation is a great tip.... it's so hard to restrain myself though... some habits are hard to break! but that is exactly what an ma did on my face during my makeover.

Taj

I got my first black-tied two days ago. Now I got some ideas how to play with it during my holiday. Its almost a week off here in Hong Kong =)

saniyairshad

Try using UDPP, shadestick, or a paint. and make sure u put some tissue underneath ur eyes that helps a lot too.

juicyaddict

dust generouse amount of loose powder under the eyes and upper cheeks to catch fallouts. then dust off powder after doing eye makeup.

midgetfury74

thanks for these tips ladies, im about to try a smokey eye look and i think these will definately help not make a total mess of my face!