MAC Brushes on ebay - help needed...

yc2405

Hi Everyone, I know there are a lot of threads on here about fake brushes on ebay & we've all heard warnings about dodgy ebay sellers, but I've come across these brushes - almost all of the numbers I want - and they are listed as "authentic" plus I emailed the seller & she assured me they were authentic.

Would any of you know by looking at the pics if these are the real deal or not???

Item number: 280209741929

Auth M.A.C Full Size Makeup Brush 10pcs Set + MAC Pouch - eBay (item 280209741929 end time Mar-26-08 17:51:31 PDT)

[/size]
Also...I saw on one of the other threads where someone said that it was the travel brush sets haven't yet been faked. Is this true and of so, would I be better of just buying a travel set - are they as good?

Thanks in advance for all your help!
thmbup.gif

Xqueeze_me

Seriously, don't bother. Just walk away.

The MAC pouch is part of the fake brushes set. Of course the seller will say the brushes are authentic because she wants to sell them off.

Once again, $$ makes people do evil things.

I wish I'd discovered this forum a few weeks ago!

I bought that exact same set from the same seller just a couple of weeks ago. I did suspect something was up because they were so cheap but I just figured they were imported from Asia. When I was in Singapore a few years back I bought a whole heap of eyeshadows at the MAC stall in the airport for around $15 NZD each (normally eyeshadows in NZ cost $34 NZD) so I naively thought that it was possible.

Anyway, the brushes look ok but not exactly the same as a couple I bought from MAC 4 years ago. The only difference is that the handles on my old brushes are solid black plastic and these ones are grey plastic with a bit of sparkle in them. The bristles feel soft and seem to do the job like they should. After reading this post I washed them and none of the bristles have fallen out nor have the handles changed in any way. They are still a bit wet right now but the bristles feel as soft as they were before.

I'm not an expert by any means but if these are not genuine MAC brushes then they are very good fakes!