MAC Early Buzz - News for Upcoming Collections in 2016

fur4elise

Coral, Pretty!! It's got coral in it!! I haven't been excited for a MAC product in a while. Between these two MSFs and the Star Trek powder, I'll be pretty happy for a while.

:yess:Me too! Me too! I'm on a coral...latte...peachy....to neutral kick for the face of late! For some reason plums & pinks just don't jibe with me.

B

Buffy89

ulta sells it
but keep in mind most of their stuff is made in china

Really? All the products I got are made in European countries, and I own quite a lot. Maybe it's different for the US market, what a bummer.

Last edited:

Corally

Really? All the products I got are made in European countries, and I own quite a lot. Maybe it's different for the US market, what a bummer.
I don't have a lot of Catrice and Essence make up (I do have a lot Catrice nail polish lol), but I just looked and I have a couple of different countries on the products that I own: Germany, Luxembourg, Italy, Poland, PRC (so China) and Taiwan.

MissTania

Does anyone know a dupe for Dark Twist?

I don't have many dark purples but I will let you know if I have a dupe - I haven't even looked at it since I posted!

I really like Hot Pepper! Do you know any mac lippies that are (close) dupes for it? I don't want to buy the whole box just for just the lippie lol and I might have close dupes in my stash. Even though I'm tempted right now.. because it's pretty great value with this box imo.

I also like Dark Twist but I really don't like the rest of the box.

I will check my stash in daylight and report back soon. I purchased from the US and the price was much more reasonable than locally, I wouldn't want to buy it at local price.

Corally

I will check my stash in daylight and report back soon. I purchased from the US and the price was much more reasonable than locally, I wouldn't want to buy it at local price.

Thanks! :) And I totally understand, Aussie prices are so high!

MissTania

Thanks! :) And I totally understand, Aussie prices are so high!

2016-08-26 14.57.54.jpg 2016-08-26 14.59.05.jpg 2016-08-26 14.59.19.jpg View attachment 56054

:wavey:Here we go, pics taken in various lighting indoors and outdoors.

L-R top row- Russian Red
Middle row - Lady Danger, La Vie En Rouge, Hot Pepper, My Inner Femme
Bottom row - Damn Glamorous

On me, it appears to be a neutral red (leaning towards warm) which I can see when I compare it to Damn Glamorous which has much more pink. I haven't worn it out yet and had a good look though, however it isn't a hugely exciting shade for me - the bullet adds greatly to the appeal though!

Corally

View attachment 56051 View attachment 56052 View attachment 56053 View attachment 56054

:wavey:Here we go, pics taken in various lighting indoors and outdoors.

L-R top row- Russian Red
Middle row - Lady Danger, La Vie En Rouge, Hot Pepper, My Inner Femme
Bottom row - Damn Glamorous

On me, it appears to be a neutral red (leaning towards warm) which I can see when I compare it to Damn Glamorous which has much more pink. I haven't worn it out yet and had a good look though, however it isn't a hugely exciting shade for me - the bullet adds greatly to the appeal though!

These swatches have been very helpful, thank you!! :flowers: I can safely skip it now I know that it's pretty much a neutral red. I thought it'd be more of an orangey-red and I have such a weakness for those kind of reds lol. Thanks!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    509.1 KB · Views: 14

MissTania

These swatches have been very helpful, thank you!! :flowers: I can safely skip it now I know that it's pretty much a neutral red. I thought it'd be more of an orangey-red and I have such a weakness for those kind of reds lol. Thanks!

You're welcome! These days, it's a relief to skip when we have so much already!

MissTania

Does anyone know a dupe for Dark Twist?

20160827_231030-1.jpeg 20160827_231338-1.jpeg

Left pic - Top- Men Love Mystery, Bottom- Evening Rendezvous, Dark Twist, NARS Silvia
Right pic - Dark Twist, Have your Cake

Pics taken indoors at night under artificial light. No exact dupes in my collection.

MissTania

There are some pics of those lipsticks with the coloured caps. No idea what they are called, the Google translation doesn't make much sense, but I think it says they're launching in October.

View attachment 56059

[MAC] ¸ÆÀÇ 2016 AW Æ®·»µå ÇÁ¸®Á¨Å×À̼ǰú ÇÔ²² Æ®·»µå¸¦ ¸¸³ªº¸¼¼¿ä! : ³×À̹ö ºí·Î±×

Oops, no idea why it posted it that way. Didn't mean to post the second pic.

I am curious about these, thanks for posting. I wonder if they are the Liptensity lipsticks - the bullet shape seems to match.