MAC FAQ: PPID/MAC PRO Card

AnqieM

I've been meaning to update for a few days now I received my denial letter, and I was denied because "two pieces of professional criteria were not submitted with my application" of course I was like WHAT THE HELL?!!!! Because I sent my comp card and a copy of my certificate which is accepted by Mac Pro by the way, so my comp card had a check and my certificate had an X, I called Mac Pro immediately lol the rep confirmed they accept the certificate from my school and just to resend everything but to attach a note stating it's my second time sending my app and that it's confirmed my school is accepted, I sent it off yesterday so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that another idiot doesn't get ahold of my app!

MACLOVER 14

wow that is just crazy!! I hope there aren't any more delays for you.
blink.gif

I sent my app in on the 17th f October and am impatiently waiting my response!!

AnqieM

wow that is just crazy!! I hope there aren't any more delays for you.:blink:   I sent my app in on the 17th f October and am impatiently waiting my response!!
I Hope Not!, you should try calling like Friday or Monday and tell them you just want to Check on the status of your application if they asked what date you sent it in say the beginning of October because if you give them the actual date they may not want to check, but good luck I hope you're accepted!

MACLOVER 14

I Hope Not!, you should try calling like Friday or Monday and tell them you just want to Check on the status of your application if they asked what date you sent it in say the beginning of October because if you give them the actual date they may not want to check, but good luck I hope you're accepted!
I was denied..
ssad.gif
I have to resubmit my letter of professional reference. I want to attempt to fax it in this time.

AnqieM

So I received a call last Wednesday and I figured out the real issue why I was denied the first time, they were looking for my school In NY because that is where I reside but the school is in NJ, when I resent my app the rep told me to include a letter stating the school is accepted and this is my second time sending it. Well gladly I was asked to send the letter because that is why I received a call. We resolved that issue she told me she was going to process my app, and I was charged this afternoon. I was approved within in two weeks, so I should be receiving an email pretty soon.

beautybrushed

So I received a call last Wednesday and I figured out the real issue why I was denied the first time, they were looking for my school In NY because that is where I reside but the school is in NJ, when I resent my app the rep told me to include a letter stating the school is accepted and this is my second time sending it. Well gladly I was asked to send the letter because that is why I received a call. We resolved that issue she told me she was going to process my app, and I was charged this afternoon. I was approved within in two weeks, so I should be receiving an email pretty soon.
Awesome! Congrats and enjoy your pro card!

Thia Winter

I sent mine off last Weds. I spent a bit extra money to have it delivered faster but with the snow they got in Buffalo it didn't get there till yesterday. I'm trying to be patient.....I'm hoping that I get word through email or my card in the mail by Christmastime so I can use it to get some things I need for my kit!

AnqieM

I sent mine off last Weds.  I spent a bit extra money to have it delivered faster but with the snow they got in Buffalo it didn't get there till yesterday.  I'm trying to be patient.....I'm hoping that I get word through email or my card in the mail by Christmastime so I can use it to get some things I need for my kit!

Thia Winter

It's been three weeks tomorrow. Nothing yet....my check still hasn't been cashed, no email. They said though that it takes 4-6 weeks again, when the web page says 1-3. Which means that I probably won't get it till after the first of the year. She couldn't even tell me if they'd gotten it delivered.....on my end it says it was but I'd feel better if they had evidence of it.

Alyssa1064

So I have read several posts of people who were approved for the MAC Pro card by submitting a business card as a form of reference. As of today, March 17th 2015, this option is no longer listed as a viable form of identification on their current application.

The old application which listed business card as a viable form of identification also said "Retail positions not accepted"

The current application does not say anything about retail positions. I am a free lance artist for MAC that works in their counters/stores. I just applied for my MAC Pro by submitting a business card (even though it is no longer listed) a composite card and a letter reference of employment that my manager wrote for me, and a copy of my driver's license. Does anyone know if this will be denied? Have any free lancers for MAC submitted letters of employment and been accepted?

Thanks for the help!

Latest posts