MAC Fashion Sets 2013 Collection (April 2013)

PrettyKitty

So...I'm glad I didn't back anything up. I'm kinda disappointed with this collection. I love the color of Silly but the texture seems SO dry to me. (and normally I don't have any problem with MAC mattes) Embrace me is alright, but not quite as vivid as I wanted. The big disappointment for me is Ablaze. I was hoping it would be a reddish, coral like it shows in a lot of your swatches. On me it is, like, straight up cantaloupe...WTF? I'm going to try them again tonight before I make any final decisions. I think I'm keeping everything except Ablaze, which I am passing along to a friend. Not gonna lie...Pretty bummed.
Awwww :( Did you try Silly with a primer? That's the only way I can wear it, I was disappointed with the texture too. And it settle in my fine lines, when I smile it's NOT pretty. With a primer (MAC Prep + Prime) it's much better, not perfect though.

What's your skintone? It can change the colour of Ablaze. If I wear it when I'm super pale, it will look much more orangey and dark. On cool toned skin, I bet it's much more orangey than on me when I'm pale. Right now I'm tan with warm undertones so Ablaze looks more pink toned and less dark.

PrettyKitty

Brazen Berry is pretty! I was going to buy it yesterday but there was only 1 left and it was obviously used (not just tested. the point was completely worn down like it had been used several times!).
I had the same problem when I bought the Maybelline Vivids lipsticks, half of them were used or had fingerprints on them. Gross!!

kimbunney

I ordered from Nordstorm, which I didn't want too. I love using ebates but it takes forever for the order to arrive, but I honestly don't feel like fooling with the store when I can't arrive early.

Corally

Sooo thanks to the lovely PDF (and her cp girl of course!) I will get Heroine l/s! ME SO HAPPY. I also got Ripe Peach today (finally!) so I think I can happily skip every other upcoming collection 'till Temperature Rising. :) HEROINE HEROINE HEROINE!! :nanas:

CartoonChic

I ordered from Nordstorm, which I didn't want too. I love using ebates but it takes forever for the order to arrive, but I honestly don't feel like fooling with the store when I can't arrive early.
It seems like my recent Nordstrom orders have been shipping faster lately. They used to take forever too, but now I'm getting them in less than a week.

Gatton

Any dupes yet for Silly? I've been wanting to get it, but if it's so hard on the lips I might have to skip it. Better for my small wallet too!

GlamQueen21

nanaparty.gif
So happy for you!! You will love Ripe Peach Blush Ombre!!

sagehen

Mine always comes USPS because I'm at a military base overseas. I just can't remember if my past orders showed updates on the tracking site or not.

Packages from other companies have done the same thing on occasion where the status didn't update and I got the package. I think it just depends on how bad USPS is sucking at the moment, LOL. If I don't get it by Thursday I'll give them a call.

ETA: My orders say "shipped" and they all have usps tracking info.
Ahh, my bad. Lol at how bad USPS sucks - I am still waiting for a package sent to me in February. It has been routed to the PO near me, sent back to someplace near the original sender, back to the next county over, and now it's in limbo. Luckily the sender was nice enough to replace the package.

kimbunney

It seems like my recent Nordstrom orders have been shipping faster lately. They used to take forever too, but now I'm getting them in less than a week.
Hopefully that will be the case with mine! It's just the shadows I'm more excited about the lippies which should arrive this week sometime!

Copperhead

How do you request a different shipping method? Y'all are advanced up in here.
Ahh, my bad. Lol at how bad USPS sucks - I am still waiting for a package sent to me in February. It has been routed to the PO near me, sent back to someplace near the original sender, back to the next county over, and now it's in limbo. Luckily the sender was nice enough to replace the package.
I've been doing this for some years now and I don't remember if I had a choice of how I wanted my package shipped but when I saw they shipped to P.O. Boxes, I just submitted my P.O. Box number as my shipping address.

http://www.maccosmetics.com/cms/customer_service/shipping_info.tmpl