MAC Hey, Sailor! (Summer 2012) Discussion

xasperadastra

Maybe you want to go to the store and swatch some products for us? You are a photographer, right? :)

yep, but unfortunally we are not allowed to take pictures inside the store -______- anyway I can easily post swatches of the things I buy.. we can't even swatch stuff before the collection launches unless you have a mua for friend... U___U

Prettypackages

How do you guys think Emerald will look on NC 44/45 with dark brown eyes. Just thinking out loud. I can't put anything else on my list. LOL

martiangurll

I think the folks in the naming department are smoking something green, that is grass green, not sure why its called emerald. If anything, I'd call it Peridot. It is a gorgeous color and would go great with other yellow greens like Bitter and Lucky Green and 3 Ring Yellow...

Pinkdollface

Ow no it's back on my list. I love greens like Lucky Green and Sweet & Punchy so i think i will like this as well. I just expected something else so maybe that's why i didn't like it at first.

I think the folks in the naming department are smoking something green, that is grass green, not sure why its called emerald. If anything, I'd call it Peridot. It is a gorgeous color and would go great with other yellow greens like Bitter and Lucky Green and 3 Ring Yellow...

Prettypackages

*closes eyes real tight* I love those colors...

pemily

Have we seen this? http://emla82.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/mac-hey-sailor-collection-swatches.html?m=1

duckrodeo

I agree with pinkdollface that Cherry might work best with RR. Throw Me A Line's description says "bright true red" so while it might work with any red (assumedly, because it runs neither orange nor blue), the brightness might work with RR and it might not.

Pinkdollface

I just made an appointment for may 4th to go to the Hey, Sailor! event. I don't know exactly how it will be, but at least i can get my stuff in 2 weeks:)

MRV

I think Cherry from the permanent line works great with RR. I haven't seen this one, but it sounds like it will be more on the orange side of red and RR is more blue-based.
I agree. Since the red lippie Red Racer is yellow red, the pencil has to be close to it's colour.

xasperadastra

I agree. Since the red lippie Red Racer is yellow red, the pencil has to be close to it's colour.
Thanks a lot everybody!!
I guess I'll skip Throw me a line and take another red lip pencil such as Cherry or Brick.. or beet!

From this collection I'll take for sure:
Shore leave
Emerald sea
Handforged

Now I can afford one more product and I may want a bronzer or a lipstick ...

martiangurll

Thanks. Aren't those all permanent products though?

Those are the repromotes and perm products, but some swatches are better than none, right? I don't think I have a Crystal Avalanche, looks like a killer brow/tear duct color and special packaging is a good reason to snag it, right?

Pinkdollface

Lucky you....it must be so great to take part in such an event. Enjoy it Pinkdollface!!!
Thanks! I don't know what the event will be exactly, but i guess a makeover since you can make appointments for 4 days. I will try to post swatches as soon as i can after the event. I just realised that the event is in amsterdam and that i might have a change to go to inglot as well yeah!
th_DANCE.gif

Latest posts