MAC Hey, Sailor! (Summer 2012) Discussion

BEEaboutmakeup

Our European Specktra beauties are so wonderful for posting swatches! I'm used to us getting collections first but it's soooooo neat to see the shoe on the other foot. hehe thanks for helping us U.S. gals out! After seeing swatches, I still want Emerald Sea, Orange Tempera and Riviera Life. Now I'm thinking about Red Racer since it's a super bright red. I don't have anything like it!

gracie90

Barefoot is gorgeous! I'm wearing it today over Indianwood p/p with Handforged on my lower lash line and it makes a very pretty yellow gold eye look

MRV

I'm wearing Launch Away today, and I think it's similar to TC blushes. It has the same white base hue, but when you buff it in, it gives you this nice natural light pink flush. It is very light though. I don't have PT, but it could be a lighter version of it.

And SLV is awesome! Not too red or orange.

MACina

Happy hauling Pinkdollface!!!
I'm leaving in 15 minutes to go to 'de bijenkorf' in Amsterdam! I'm so excited and i just can't hide it
tong.gif

MACina

At first I was not sure whether to get a bronzer from this collection or not.But I finally I caved and ordered Sun Dipped and I am happy that I did because I like it a lot!

altered

Thanks to everyone that have posted swatches and links :eyelove: How does Jaunty compare to Sweet Satisfaction?

Mac-Guy

I've heard about you and your enabling ways!
yes.gif

I just opened it yesterday because I wanted a summer red that wasn't heavy/matte (looks great with just the faintest hint of Red Enriched liner). I don't think I'll get through it that fast - I'm on a coral kick right now. I'm new to buying MAC LGs; how long do they last before thickening/changing odor/taste, etc? I've been buying the lipstick for eons so I know how stable it is; I'm trying to avoid buying too many of a shorter life product and wasting them. My stash is small by the standards of most here; I just have fun with my own little treasure chest.

I'm waiting to see Send Me Sailing lip swatches before deciding; then I'll have a better sense of how close they colours are (or aren't). :)
I try to finish l/g within six months. The trick is not to keep more than three or four open at the same time. Get on a must-finish mission and don't open the new ones you buy.

Anitacska

I've been to the counter to swatch the collection and ended up buying Crew h/l-er powder and Riviera Life l/g (I've already ordered Red Racer l/s and Send Me Sailing l/g as well as Handforged e/l and the three lipliners from Debenhams). I'm not convinced the stripes are just an overspray, they are well raised and seem to go down into the powder to some extent. I won't excavate, but it looks like they might run at least as deep as they're raised (if that makes sense). It's actually a very pretty colour, so I caved in, lol.

I didn't pick up Sail La Vie because swatched next to Watch Me Simmer it's a lot more orange and I don't need another orange lipstick. I also wasn't blown over by the blushes, but that's just me, plus I have just bought 5 from Tres Chic and have another 30+ Mac blushes alone, plus other brands.

Has anyone in the UK received their Debenhams order yet? I placed mine Tuesday lunchtime and so far nothing. :( I had the dispatch e-mail by 5 pm on Tuesday, so it's probably the Roral Mail taking their sweet time. :(

Audrey C

I try to finish l/g within six months. The trick is not to keep more than three or four open at the same time. Get on a must-finish mission and don't open the new ones you buy.
Good advice, thank you. Unfortunately, I've opened all seven that I have. LOL

I see a LOT of gloss in my future; good thing it's summer!

If the shelf life is that short, then I will get the HS gloss; it will be my replacement. I just won't open it.

martiangurll

I would say LA is lighter, like a muted version of LC. LC is a more intense pink colour.

Launch Away seems very similar texture wise to Immortal Flower and Lovecloud (those are only TC blushes I have so far). It seems to be a bit more powdery when picking up the product, but applied on the skin they're very much alike.
This seals the deal. TY so much for confirming that, of course now I need both p/b but that's okay, I think I am starting to narrow the potential haul as the swatches roll in. I like Europe getting this first with all the swatches it is cutting down on the impulse buying and paranoia that stuff will sell out so I am taking chances on stuff that doesn't work out.

My list:

- TCAS lippy still a go
- SLV lippy oh yes, gotta have it, my favorite of the collection
- Shore Leave PL l/p

- Jaunty e/s

- Lauch Away and Fleet Fast p/b (now both are a must, since TC I am now a confirmed blush crack ho)

- Nude on Board bronzer (plus possibly a BU, but I am trying to be good, right?)

- 168! (nuff said)

These are moving to the maybe pile:

- Old gold piggie (can't resist the stripe cute jar)

- Crystal Avalanche (will be cut if I need to save cash since its perm, but I love the packaging--oh noes)

- Gone Sailing tote (love it, but its expensive and ultimately dupeable minus the MAC logo)

- Au Rose suntint (its the prettiest in the swatches and I want to try the product, but if cuts have to happen, I can live without it ultimately)

- 167SH

- Man Rays oil (still focused on that "multidimensional sparkle" but need to know about scent and where the heck would I use this product as I am not a professional body builder and no where near a beach?) probably, ultimately, a skip that I will find months from now and buy at the CCO

Well, still this haul is going to hurt, but I won't have to sell any body parts to afford the haul. Maybe just an unborn child...

Mac-Guy

Good advice, thank you. Unfortunately, I've opened all seven that I have. LOL

I see a LOT of gloss in my future; good thing it's summer!

If the shelf life is that short, then I will get the HS gloss; it will be my replacement. I just won't open it.
It can be fun to finish a product. Go for it! Once you are done, you deserve buying a new gloss (... and the vicious cycle starts again). I'm in the same boat: I'm just about to finish Borealis, Japanese Spring, and Mary. We can do it!

sandymac

Barefoot is gorgeous! I'm wearing it today over Indianwood p/p with Handforged on my lower lash line and it makes a very pretty yellow gold eye look <3
Any chance you could post a photo of this look using Barefoot? I'm on the fence about adding it to my list along with Jaunty!

lyseD

Barefoot is gorgeous! I'm wearing it today over Indianwood p/p with Handforged on my lower lash line and it makes a very pretty yellow gold eye look <3
Do you think Barefoot and Old Gold are similar? It seems so in some swatches I've seen.

Thank you.