MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

singer82

I REALLY want a brush set but pretty much only want the bag! I will so buy a bag off someone that just wants the brushes. I really want the longer one not sure what its called but I have every single brush in that bag already and 2 of one of them. And I'm already gettin so much already and am tryin to give myself a budget. I will love you forever and ever!

Teggy

Hrm...I'm having second thoughts about Her Blooming Cheek blush. It's cool and all, but it may be a little too difficult for me to wear. So I may switch it for the Play It Cool pallete (the purple/gray one).

hilaryrose

AAAAHHHH.
Now that it's online I'm having a super hard time not just freaking out and buying everything, hahaha.
I only bought the Cool shadow palatte and I've decided not to get the pearlglides I was considering.
Actually, I decided not to get Black Line. I'm still deciding about Lord It Up, because I don't have a good brown liner anymore, and I prefer brown liner to black...

Anyway.
I want to buy more things. Anyone have any recs?

NeverEnoughMac

Looking over everything again now that they have it all up, the products are really beautiful, and all this talk of Holidays is getting me in the spirit.
smiles.gif

honybr

That's strange that they don't have Black Line under the Tartan Tale section, but it's under the Eyes-Pearlglides section. I know Ernie mentioned it, but I was hoping they fix that before the full category was up. Oh well, good thing I'm not patient at all and couldn't wait so I had to go to the specific section anyway.

PinkBasset

I was considering the face kit that has Melba in it, but when I saw Temptalia's review and how Smooth Harmony were not-so-flattering when worn, I decided to get Melba and Peachtwist later on their own. I could look seriously burned with Smooth Harmony, it looks orange in the wrong way, no no for a super pale skin.

I actually like the red nail polish, but I'm not sure if I should get it. I have to check Courting Lilac in person, I may B2M for it if it's great, otherwise I'll B2M something from the perm line (my Creme Cup is running quite low, I should get another one soon).
smiles.gif

JennsJewelz

Wait a hot second.
Why don't I remember hearing anything about these:

Do I want them? What! How can I make decisions?
Um, I just discovered these as well!!! And they look so pretty! Are they a North American exclusive? Are these the same sets that were supposed to be released to Nordstrom? Was this just an incredibly well-guarded secret? They're $58.00 Canadian if anyone's wondering.... which is a ridiculous mark-up, considering the CD is currently HIGHER!!!! *fumes*

They've each got a paint pot, a beautiful mineralized eye shadow, a Zoomblack mascara and a lipglass. My Scottish Fling is in pinks, with Budding Rose l/g, Fresco Rose PP and Pink Split e/s, while MAC Glamorous is coral/neutral/bronzey with Blessedly Rich l/g (OMG DROOL!!), Noble Touch e/s and Indianwood PP/

JennsJewelz

P.S. Has anyone taken a look at the face charts? I'm loving A Tartan Tale, Soft Dazzle, The Faerie Glen, and Enviably Fun!
smiles.gif
Also, anyone else getting that Follow Your Fantasy and Glamora Castle are "coming soon"? I wonder why they're late, and how soon is soon!

LittleMaryJane

I was going to wait to go to my counter on Thursday but I figured I'd just put my order in now. I didn't want to over think it too much. I splurged a little more than I planned to.

The Family Crest (I think I got caught up in the hype but if I don't like it, I can always sell it)
Twists of Tartan
Undercurrent
Glamora Castle

&Then the Tartan Tale book... Haven't read anything about what that will be like.

I decided to b2m for The Faerie Glen on Thursday.

th_DANCE.gif

Not really being able to afford new makeup does not put a damper on a new mac order, no no no
smiles.gif

shontay07108

Jenna, I forgot all about face charts! I will take a look.

I'm so happy! I ordered lord it up, petrol blue, and backups of black swan and undercurrent. I also bought the lip kit just for baron's rose lipstick and I bought the sir Teddy keychain. You guys scared me so I tried to order online on my phone and effed up royally. I just called to take off stuff that was already in my cart and fix my standard shipping to 2 day. I love Mac!

singer82

It sucks, but I'm sure there are plenty other products which suit you more and make you gorgeous!
th_hug.gif

Awe thanks!
smiles.gif
I just stick to my UD liners

I dont know actually if I'm allergic. It really sucks because I bought 3 of them when Art Supplies was out and LOVED them. They had become my fav MAC item
ssad.gif
until my eyelids swole up something terrible. I was hoping it was something else, but when I stopped wearing them it went away. I think maybe the glitter in them just irritated my eyes. And me having allergies dont help. It happened with all of them and I didnt use them on my lower lash line either. I want to try again but am scared they will swell up again *cry!*

Quote:
Oh, no! I'm sorry that you cannot wear pearlglides. Are you allergic? Do you get the reaction from any color? It sucks, but I'm sure there are plenty other products which suit you more and make you gorgeous!
th_hug.gif
The only allergic reaction I get from any beauty product is from the eyelash curler. I cannot use the regular metallic one. My eyelids get swollen if I use them. I can only use the gold one.
getyou.gif
lol.gif

I've heard Viva Glam Gaga and Cyndi will be available till February 2011. Don't wait too long if you want a backup.
winks.gif
I'll def have to pick up Gaga before its gone. I should have gotten it when I got to go to the actual MAC store in july. But I had already spent too much on my ITG and A+O haul

ButterflyDior77

Anyone know the free shipping code? My cousin needs it as she is ordering under 50.00.

I just ordered:
Glamora Castle
Cut a caper
Sweep me off my feet Brush set (one with the foundation brush)
Dashing Lassies e/s set
Family crest and moonlight night pigments (I don't care for pigments, but I had to get these)

Anyone know when the pigment sets will be put up?

JennsJewelz

Chapter 2 should be up Nov. 11th, including the lippie sets and pigment sets! It was originally supposed to be Nov. 4th, but they pushed it back for some reason
ssad.gif

Camnagem

This year's brush sets are definitely better quality than some years past. The hairs are softer overall, and although not every brush is equal (the 187's white hairs are not as long and precision spaced like the full size), some bushes are really nice - I got the face set since the 168 was full but a little smaller than the regular one, which is what I prefer. (Never got the full size 168 because it was just too big for my cheeks). The bags are really cute too, so that's something to consider.
Best advice is to test them out yourself - second best advice is listen to all the feedback here and take the general consensus opinion
smiles.gif
I agree with both of you!
yes.gif

The brush sets this year are actually pretty nice, imo. When I got to play with them I remember thinking I'd get them all if I could (not normal for me, I don't usually like the brush sets...at all). I'm actually even thinking about getting a set or 2 to give to my Sister In Law (my only other make-up lover family member, lol) for Christmas. She doesn't have any MAC brushes and I really think the sets this year are a great gift.