MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

bellaboomboom

Hmmmmm.....what excuse should I use to get out of work and over to Macy's????????
party.gif

Hilde

Do you think this one will be sold out fast like the VV collection. Should I be worried?
tong.gif
At least I managed to get a Briar Rose that someone didn't want.

hippie_ippie

i had moonlight night pigment in my shopping cart but by the time i was done deciding what to get, it was out of stock already
ssad.gif
so disappointed!

managed to get black swan and petrol blue pearlglides though! i bought like 4 pearlglides the last time, including undercurrent, but i still want more! really love the formula and its so pretty and sparkly
smiles.gif

laylalovesmac

Do you think this one will be sold out fast like the VV collection. Should I be worried?
tong.gif
Besides the pearlglides and pigments, I think you'll be fine.

On another note, I was freaking out all last night and just this morning when I logged on because my thanks button was weird and the site wasn't telling me about new posts. Then, I went to reply, and realized I wasn't logged in.
blush-anim-cl.gif
lol.gif

keijukainen

How disappointing to hear Courting Lilac doesn't show well on pigmented lips!
ssad.gif

I really like how Cut A Caper looks on hand swatches but I'm quite sure it'll look too similar to Ever Hip on my lips. Those kind of shades tend to look quite pinkish on me and the peachier shades tend to look horrible on me, so I'll skip that.

I've managed to stay away from this collection and I'm still pretty underwhelmed by it. It seems the only thing I'm still excited about is Her Blooming Cheek though I'd love to see someone paler (NC/NW10-20) wearing it before buying!

jazm1n3s

How do you guys plan to wear the pigments, especially MN and TFC? I really want to get it, but i plan on wearing it on the crease dry (because if use wet, it's hard to blend), and worried that the glitter won't stick and i will have fallout everywhere
ssad.gif

GlammySammy

tong.gif
I certainly hope not! But I won't lie.. paranoia has set in lol I really want the V&G lip bag and Gone Romancin' DG! What are you lemming? Hope you get what you want!!

Face2Mac

I think I will be getting the 2 nps only -- the whole collex does not excite me enough to spend actual cash for it and I get watery itchy eyes from the liners -- everything else, I either have or don't need
hatsoff.gif

Feel the same way. I'm not buying one iota of it. I apparently must be sick, it's called
Mac-Ihavethisstuff,dupecity,poorpigmentation,andalltogetherblahness,can'tuseglittereyeliner,walletishappy-itis.

Hilde

As long as they're available in the store I'll get:

Hark the heraldry kit
happily ever after lip kit
A lady and her tricks brush set

Yes, I know I said temptalias review turned me off the brush sets, but I'm kind of back in love. I mean I really want every single one of these brushes. And I don't expect the 187se to be as good as the 187 I paid 38 dollars for. I feel brave
tong.gif
I've touched the se brushes that came out with the fabulous felines and they felt normal to me. I also have two se brushes(angled eye brush and lip brush) and they work for me, but with that said I've never used a brush set before.

Hilde

Wow, you can order from the online store in the UK? That's way cool. Here we have to physically go to the store or have the MUAs ship it to us for an insane price.

LMD84

Wow, you can order from the online store in the UK? That's way cool. Here we have to physically go to the store or have the MUAs ship it to us for an insane price.
yeah we have a uk site which is very good. because i dont have a mac store in my city so it's just as well!
smiles.gif
and yes i can imagine that shipping from the store is pricey! our work does that and even for small items you pay alot.

katred

Specktra Bestie
About to head out to a doctor's appointment and then off to Mac for my haul-iday. It's unlikely that things will be sold out already- I know that I got Stereo Rose at this same store and I'm not even sure I went on the first day. I have my heart set on the pigments, so those had better be there...

*JJ*

is it just me or are the eyeshadows not very pigmented?
i patted on glamora castle with a 239 brush and i packed on quite a bit but the color was still kinda sheer..

i tried moonlight night on the other eye and omg it is so gorgeous and sparkly!

Camnagem

I never got the booklet with my order.
ssad.gif

I guess they didn't think about it since it was a phone order, oh well.
I may be getting an extra booklet with my second order, but I'm not 100% sure yet. The blurb said 1 per customer, but my order details list it in both orders. If I do get a second, I'll let you know.
winkiss.gif

LittleMaryJane

I can't wait to hear about everyone's hauls
smiles.gif
I hope I can muster up the motivation to drive alllll the way to the closest mall with a mac counter. When I stay at my boyfriend's, it's so convenient he lives like a mile from the mall.

shontay07108

I got my black box today with my pearlglides, sir Teddy and the lip set with baron's rose. I seriously love that lipstick so much that I want to buy another! The lip liner is much more appealing to me now also in natural light. I wish it was full size. I feel so lazy, but I want to go to my local Mac store to buy courting lilac and going romancin. I feel like I need to give them a go on my lips because I really want some colors like that.