mac interview!

Missza

Hello guys! I have an interview on Tuesday for Mac, out here in Los Angeles. I have worked in fashion retail the past 4 years, and also worked for Bobbi Brown for a few months. I'm pretty confident about my interview, I was told to bring my own brushes and my model which means i might be doing a demo. I was wondering if they tell you which look to apply or if you are given certain supplies and you do what you can to the best of your ability ? And also if they give you a time limit? What would be some factors in which would lead them to the decision not to hire you?

thanks!

xStarryEyedX

They will probably ask you to do a certain look, they asked me to do something that you would see in a current fashion magazine. I've heard of people being asked to do makeup for somebody who is going to a be a guest at a wedding, a teacher who needs a neutral look...I can't remember anything else...There is a time limit. You have to know your products and your brushes. You also (obviously) have to demonstrate how well you can apply makeup. Make sure your personality shows through. Good luck!

xStarryEyedX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missza
awesome! do you currently for for MAC ?

nope...almost did..but nope. i worked for a different company for a while. i just learned a lot from looking on here.

makeupNdesign

Congrats on getting a demo interview! Below is based on my own experience and may differ from others.

Be yourself first and foremost
smiles.gif
For me, I was given a 30 minute time limit and a "look" to recreate on my model. Product is supplied but if you are doing a group demo, all items you want to use may not be available so be ready to find dupes in a pinch. Remember to sanitize everything and be sure to keep your station clean and throw tissues away as you go. One of the girls that also did a demo used her fingers, double-dipped and left a huge pile of dirty tissues at her station much to the dismay of the trainer--'nuff said. =p Afterwards, your trainer will critique your work. I also had to do a second verbal interview with the MRO immediately after.

Oh, and be sure to bone up on your MAC product knowledge and try and sell the products and teach your model at the same time, which shouldn't be a problem for you since you obviously have cosmetic/retail experience.

Best of luck to you!

Missza

awesome! thanks for the info! im guessing you work for the company now? How do you like it? I freelance now, and when i worked for Bobbi, i'de run over to the mac counter often times to look at product and buy things, there were only 2 girls who didn't make me feel uncomfortable. They werent friendly, and would almost never greet you...