MAC Items Being Discontinued (DCd) in 2010 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DILLIGAF

Maybe its just that they are changing the version that we are used to. This wouldn't be the 1st time MAC has done something similar. Almost everyone here has Vanilla pigment in their arsenal. I know that as addicts we are more of the extreme than the norm, but when its a product that almost everyone here has used or uses? Seems a bit nutty to me that they would do something that drastic.

I was at the Mac counter at The Bay (Canada) a few days ago looking to get matched for Moisturecover concealer. The MA I was talking to said that it was being discontinued! Anyone else hear about that?
th_dunno.gif

mac_addict.gif

blazeno.8

As mentioned above about the pigments, they were just changing the packaging. Because of that they probably had to put that that weight at that price was being discontinued. It's still up on the webpage, but now it's in the new bottle.

macaddict83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heechul
is fresco rose being discontinued? D: eeeergh

Yes, and it is currently sold out on mac.com, so if you really want it, call around to the stores/counters in your area.

Delft is now gone.

For some reason today I am missing mac's old website layout.

Heechul

Just wondering, since Fresco Rose is "sold out/goodbyes" on American MAC.
And there's no triangle of death on the canadian sites..
Does that mean it's still dced? sorry about the dumb questions but just checking!
ssad.gif

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmoonlightx
Guess what!!! I contacted a mac artist through the chat and asked about the lipgelees the artist said that if it was still without being on the goodbye part of the pro website, and only in the goodbye section of the regular website that it will just be going as a pro item!!!

Woot! I can still get all my fave ones.

Also for you guys that like delft it is staying as well but only as a pro item.

Thank GOODNESS!!!!!

ElleOkay

Delft was my first paint pot... Such a pretty color!

Wasn't Fresco Rose just repromoted with Lillyland?

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleOkay
Delft was my first paint pot... Such a pretty color!

Wasn't Fresco Rose just repromoted with Lillyland?

Yes, but just as a limited edition. It won't come back if it is sold out.

GlamQueen21

You can still get Fresco Rose and Delft paint pots off of Nordstrom's website but I don't know how long they will have them until they are completely gone.

MACPixie

The Canadian site doesn't have Delft with a triangle of death yet! Must get it when I go home though, I've been debating it for ages!

Junkie

I purposely bought Delft last week after seeing this! I know a lot of counters/stores in my area still have Fresco Rose. For some reason, a lot of old LE product is still available at The Bay MAC counter at Scarborough Town Center - they still had B & V GPS's from DSquared the last time I went.

January

I just bought Fresco Rose a couple weeks ago and the MA remarked that I got the "last one". I love it, so glad I picked it up after reading this!

Leven

Im relieved that Lipgelees will still be around.

And i might be alone in this, but i will seriously boycott MAC if they ever discontinue Subculture Lipliner. It looks good under pretty much every lip product own!

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACPixie
The Canadian site doesn't have Delft with a triangle of death yet! Must get it when I go home though, I've been debating it for ages!

Yikes, it does now! - along with Fresco Rose and Artifact. And the triangles are on the pro site!!! I was holding out to try the new foundation but I think I'll just pick up these instead! =O

*edit* It seems like they're taking out the non-neutrals, just like with the paints... hopefully that means they will be re-promoting them in collections. =X

*JJ*

i talked to my mac sa today and she said vanilla pigment is indeed being discontinued! i can't belive it, it's such a popular color!

shadowaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplerinne
I want to get a backup but do u think it will dry up? I would say I still have about 80% of my current jar....so it will take awhile to finish but will be sad when that day comes

As soon as I buy a p/p or f/l I open the box and turn them upside down. I had a problem a few years ago with a f/l getting dry and someone here on specktra said they store all of their p/p & f/l upside down to prevent any drying. Although I have never had a problem with p/p's I keep them this way as well. This seems to have worked. I haven't had any problems since. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.