MAC - MAC Me Over Discussion

Edelmc

Does anybody know if coppering or mythology are dupes for mythical Mac guy I am thinking of getting heirloom ss after your review. Do apply them straight to the lid or use a brush to avoid tugging

luvlydee

Dude, I thought about it but is it even remotely close to Wedge, Soba or any of those other Mac neutrals? I have a few of those. This collection will be online at some point tomorrow, right? I really need to do my research and start comparing shades.
I thought this would help you lol ....

luvlydee

I think i just convinced myself to get outre also
icon_eek.gif
lmao

Mac-Guy

Mac guy I am thinking of getting heirloom ss after your review. Do apply them straight to the lid or use a brush to avoid tugging

I use brushes for everything, mainly as I want to keep my product as clean as possible. I have not tried to apply s/s straight to the lid, but I am sure others can share their experience.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Dude, I thought about it but is it even remotely close to Wedge, Soba or any of those other Mac neutrals? I have a few of those. This collection will be online at some point tomorrow, right? I really need to do my research and start comparing shades.
I think it's pretty different than all those. There was an ochre colour that came out in one of the Colorizations duos that's very similar and it's a dead ringer for Ochre Style that came out a few years ago, but other than that, I'd have to say that I haven't really seen a whole lot of shades like it.

Edelmc

I use brushes for everything, mainly as I want to keep my product as clean as possible. I have not tried to apply s/s straight to the lid, but I am sure others can share their experience.
Do you find it easy to get the ss product onto the brush and what brush do you normally use? Sorry for all the questions, it's just that I am normally a paint pot kind of girl so the sticks are new to me!!

luvlydee

I think it's pretty different than all those. There was an ochre colour that came out in one of the Colorizations duos that's very similar and it's a dead ringer for Ochre Style that came out a few years ago, but other than that, I'd have to say that I haven't really seen a whole lot of shades like it.
I bought the duo last week and i find that the outre might have more yellow in it. (at least i hope so because i want to buy it!) lmao

Alisha1

Does this mean I can skip MB f/l considering I have Siahi? I think I just want it to expand my f/l collection but I really can't see any difference in Karla's swatches!
tease.gif

GlamQueen21

I was really surprised when Temptalia gave the Evil Eye Quad a F rating!! I was going to get that quad but I might as well take that quad off of my list and maybe add Lady Grey Quad to my list instead or wait until I swatch it when I go to my MAC counter on Thursday.

Adee

I was really surprised when Temptalia gave the Evil Eye Quad a F rating!! I was going to get that quad but I might as well take that quad off of my list and maybe add Lady Grey Quad to my list instead or wait until I swatch it when I go to my MAC counter on Thursday.
I find that Christine tends to be much more harsh when grading MAC products. Because of that, I usuallyread what she has to say and then check it out in store to compare my opinion with hers. Then I'm able to make a more informed decision.

Haven

I was surprised by the F rating as well. I was expecting a C or maybe a D. I think that this product is one that definately needs to be swatched before buying.

Icecaramellatte

I just swatched all my shadesticks on my hand. I have 3 from the Sugarsweet collection and all 4 from Warm & Cozy. None of them had dried out. I will say that Cakeshop was noticeably creamier than the others. I was annoyed that all the names on the Warm & Cozy shadesticks had rubbed off but not the Sugarsweet ones. Since the Sugar Sweet ones are older, I think this maybe due to the type of packaging used for these. The only shadestick I had some trouble with is the white gold on from Warm and Cozy that came in white packaging. It just wouldn't twist up. Bummer since its one of my favorites. I may have to see if I can open the back and push it up.

SarahC0612

I want the blue fluid line with the 211 brush so so so bad. Thursday cannot come soon enough! This is the most excited about a collection that I have been all year. I think its really going to be cool.

Latest posts