MAC newbie needs help.... Plz

cheriekoala

I'm not really new to MAC, but just got addict with it lately... So I would like to ask what will be the products you girls can recommend me to have (or must have)? I'm NC 20 - 25. I wish to have a collection of blushes... Thanks!~

For reference, each category I had the following products:

Lipstick: Sweetie, Big Bow
Lipgloss: Fierce & Fabulous, Fast Friends
Eyeshadow: Carbon, Fresh Green Mix, Odd Couple
MSF: Warm Soul
MSF Neutral: Medium Plus

ForgetRegret

Oh geez, hun...between all of us on here, we could probably recommend just about everything MAC makes. What colors do you love, what colors do you hate, and what colors do you feel amazing in?

gildedangel

^^ Agreed! Tell us what you like!
smiles.gif
Judging from what you have though, you may like some neutral eyeshadows to go with your bright fun colors like shroom, wedge, ricepaper, espresso. Maybe some subtle blushes like springsheen or pink swoon. I highly recommend Viva Glam V in either lipstick or lipglass form, it is one of those colors that works on most people and looks great, I like the lipstick one myself.

cheriekoala

I love purple, blue and green, but can't wear pink. Actually I love to put on sharp color eyeshadow, of course no one can resist neutral color. And I'm a mono-eyelid (typical Asian eyes).

For lipstick, I would like to try out those which don't dry my lips, maybe lustre catagory?

Thanks!~

ForgetRegret

Ooooh, ok...blue purple and green...first...electric eel! I love, love, love this color...especially in the summer, cuz it's bright and fun. Deep Truth is really pretty, and Contrast...also Freshwater and Aquadisiac...Sketch and Nocturnelle are awesome, and Satellite Dreams are pretty purples...Humid, Steamy, Juxt, and Bitter are great greens...then there are the general staples of Black Tied (I think everyone needs this, whether you have Carbon or not), Vanilla, Ricepaper, Satin Taupe...I think Motif would look pretty on you, or Gleam...I'm not much for neutrals, really, so other than Espresso, I have no other ideas...hehe.
Blush...depending on what kind of look you want, Dollymix is my all-time favorite, but be sparing with it...Dame is very pretty, and Pinch Me...Gentle mineralize is a really pretty one too...
HTH!!!
smiles.gif

cheriekoala

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgetRegret
Ooooh, ok...blue purple and green...first...electric eel! I love, love, love this color...especially in the summer, cuz it's bright and fun. Deep Truth is really pretty, and Contrast...also Freshwater and Aquadisiac...Sketch and Nocturnelle are awesome, and Satellite Dreams are pretty purples...Humid, Steamy, Juxt, and Bitter are great greens...then there are the general staples of Black Tied (I think everyone needs this, whether you have Carbon or not), Vanilla, Ricepaper, Satin Taupe...I think Motif would look pretty on you, or Gleam...I'm not much for neutrals, really, so other than Espresso, I have no other ideas...hehe.
Blush...depending on what kind of look you want, Dollymix is my all-time favorite, but be sparing with it...Dame is very pretty, and Pinch Me...Gentle mineralize is a really pretty one too...
HTH!!!
smiles.gif

Thanks for your recommendation! Hehe.. it will be my list for next haul!~
drools.gif