mac rant.....crisis/sadness

kalikutes

so i just realized something and it makes me sad.
i live in so cal, "the oc" to be exact and i am moving to buffalo ny next month.
well when i was there a month ago i visited one mac counter. and i decided to look up the mac's in ny around me. and thats the only one in buffalo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and its a counteR!!!! what is a girl supposed to do about pigments?!?!?!?! going from a place where there is a mac counter at every corner to a place where there is only one in the whole city isnt very joyous! the only other close ones are 30 and 50 miles away in canada!!! and i dont even konw if those are pro stores!:confused: sad. see i would always see posts on here about girls who only had 1 mac counter and they didnt have what they needed and stuff like that. and i always thought wow i never have a problem. yeah im gonna be joinin yall on the "no mac for miles" bus!
*tear*
weeping.gif

kare31

That does stink, but at least you wont be all that far from Toronto, which has a pro store. Definitely a culture shock from SoCal, especially weather-wise. I love Buffalo; I have a lot of family there. Good luck with your move!

a914butterfly

if you feel like traveling about 6-8 hrs, you can go into NYC (manhatan). they have many stores and a pro store, and counters like in macy's and henry bendell

litlaur

Well, if I lived there, I would save up money (i.e. not buy much at the counter) and do a road trip to the Toronto store every so often. And you can always have someone here do CPs for freestanding/pro store items.

That probably won't make you feel any better, but I tried
tong.gif

mandirigma

seriously, OC is kind of insane though cause there are about as many MAC locations as there are Starbucks or McDonalds. LOL. I came from Connecticut and I'm moving back in a few months so I sorta know how you mean.

Luckily, you're still in the US, so you can always order from the website. I know it's not the same thing, like you won't be able to play with the pigments up close or anything, but you do still have access! and mac pro in the city is only a greyhound ride away!

tracie

haha i'm one of those poor people with only a counter to go to
ssad.gif
The nearest store is 3.5 hours away at the mall of america
ssad.gif

kradge79

That does stink! Hopefully the counter is decent. I have a friend that loves MAC that is moving to North Dakota in May and there isn't a MAC anything in the entire state! She is quite saddened by this.

mrstucker

I hear ya!

Well, the nearest MAC store is almost 5 hours away from me, and the nearest counter is 3.5 hours, so it's ULTRA rare that I get to see the stuff in person. I always order from the web, and unfortunately, am often disappointed. You should see the stack of products (NIB) that I have stored! At least I have some good trading pieces, but it's still discouraging at times!

Sparklevixen81

just a thought...with the kaufman and filene's stores being bought out and changed over to Macy's, maybe just maybe a mac counter will pop up! I have relatives in utica and go there every year so i understand. cross your fingers and I am hoping the mall near where i go up there will get one!

kalikutes

thanks guys! im sure ill figure something out! i just learned the nearest pro store is in toronto. which isnt as far as nyc but i think ill be visiting nyc more then toronto so ill just hve to remember to stock up on pro products and get everything else at the counter. wow. i never thought id have a shortage of mac counters!

CaliKris

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandirigma
seriously, OC is kind of insane though cause there are about as many MAC locations as there are Starbucks or McDonalds. LOL. I came from Connecticut and I'm moving back in a few months so I sorta know how you mean.

HAHAHA isn't that the truth, ok well maybe not as many as Starbucks, but dang close!
rofl.gif

Piaqua

I'm from syracuse (jus ta few hours from buffalo), so I feel your pain. We only have one lonely counter here too! At least you'll be a heck of a lot closer to a pro store/freestanding store than me. Toronto isn't all that far from Buffalo.

hypodermic

Two things. My condolences for moving to Buffalo, NY. I grew up in the area. Left 7 years ago, never been back, even to visit =D

Second, Toronto > NYC, ANY day. Trust me on this, the shopping is to die for, you can get the tax you paid back at the border if you take the time to do it, and the exchange rate is pretty good!

nakobear

If Toronto's close, isn't that good? I thought the exchange rate with CDN$ was really good and weren't MAC prices cheaper in Canada? Also, I think you can get your sales tax refunded on your return back to the states from Canada right?
smiles.gif

MissMarley

ssad.gif
that's sad- my closest counter is an hour away, with a cco an hour and forty-five minutes away...the closest store is two and a half hours...so get used to the internet shopping!

rubixio

Quote:
Originally Posted by kradge79
I have a friend that loves MAC that is moving to North Dakota in May and there isn't a MAC anything in the entire state! She is quite saddened by this.

She has lots of reasons to be sad...MAC counter or not!
lol.gif

I'm glad there isnt a counter by me sometimes. Saves me tons of money.

Colorqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalikutes
so i just realized something and it makes me sad.
i live in so cal, "the oc" to be exact and i am moving to buffalo ny next month.
well when i was there a month ago i visited one mac counter. and i decided to look up the mac's in ny around me. and thats the only one in buffalo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and its a counteR!!!! what is a girl supposed to do about pigments?!?!?!?! going from a place where there is a mac counter at every corner to a place where there is only one in the whole city isnt very joyous! the only other close ones are 30 and 50 miles away in canada!!! and i dont even konw if those are pro stores!:confused: sad. see i would always see posts on here about girls who only had 1 mac counter and they didnt have what they needed and stuff like that. and i always thought wow i never have a problem. yeah im gonna be joinin yall on the "no mac for miles" bus!
*tear*
weeping.gif

Welcome to my world, but at least you have a MAC counter- we have NOTHING here. I have to depend on you all for descriptions or anything that gives a clue about MAC releases.

At least you have a MAC counter.

greengrin.gif

Be thankful for that.

Toronto is not that far and there is always phone ordering.

I never get to see anything MAC unless I order it.

;/