MAC SE BRUSH SET - Fake??

Ornella85

Hi everyone! I just recieved a special edition set of MAC brushes that I purchased from ebay. The item number is 290159506999 if you'd like to check them out. Do you think they're fake? I recieved them today and everything looks right except they have a strong lacquer smell. Is this normal for SE brushes as I know they are made differently? And I know.. I'm realizing now that I probably paid too much too, right.. :S

redambition

Ornella - I've checked the set and it looks like one I have, but the bag seems different to mine. I'll check mine tonight and try and see which bag came with the set you've purchased.

The SE sets in 06 did have a strong lacquer smell.

redambition

Ok - I've checked my bag and yours is very different.

the 5 basic brushes dress set came with a fringed bag - example here - i found the page on google.

The bag in the auction looks like the ruffle bag that was with the 5 eye brush set.

other than that i can't tell too much about the brushes from the photo. i did buy the 5 basic brush set that year and they did have a lacquery smell, particularly the blush/powder one.

Ornella85

Thanks for your help! Your set is being sold by the same seller I purchased mine from. It comes with the same 5 brushes as mine. I could have purchased it but wasn't too fond of the dangling beads (as I always seem to lose them) so I went for this set. After reading your response I'm assuming they're probably from the same year, 2006 did you say? That's good to know, thanks! And I'm glad yours have the lacquer smell as well - It was the only thing bothering me, since the brushes all in all look very authentic. The bag has a M.A.C tag stitched inside, it's a little black tag and the words are blue, I'll try and get a picture of it up here. Is that what yours looks like??

Ornella85

IMG000017.jpg

Ornella85

Okaaaaaaay, so I just googled MAC SE Holiday Sets and found this website: Tis the Season to Be Jolly… « Pursuit of Enlightenment

It lists them all, including mine, except.. the brushes aren't right. It says this set comes with the 209SE, 212SE, 217SE, 252SE and 275SE but mine came with the 129SE, 219SE, 239SE, 266SE and 316SE. Do you think the seller is just mixing and matching her collections??

M77801_261.jpg
This is my clutch..

M77601_261.jpg
But these are my brushes..

hr44

Hmmm I don't know... maybe she did. Try email-ing her.

Actually I bought that set (with the beads) just last week from a make-up outlet that sells MAC products from their seasonal packages that didn't sell out.

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ornella85
Okaaaaaaay, so I just googled MAC SE Holiday Sets and found this website: Tis the Season to Be Jolly… « Pursuit of Enlightenment

It lists them all, including mine, except.. the brushes aren't right. It says this set comes with the 209SE, 212SE, 217SE, 252SE and 275SE but mine came with the 129SE, 219SE, 239SE, 266SE and 316SE. Do you think the seller is just mixing and matching her collections??

It is possible that the seller has matched the wrong bag with the wrong brushes. Both sets were from 2006, so it is very possible that they have been mixed up (or the seller preferred to keep the proper bag, haha).

my bag also has the MAC tag like that on the inside
smiles.gif

Ornella85

Thanks for your help! I think you're right!!

By the way, I used the brushes last night and they're fantastic!
th_DANCE.gif